E I G H T E E N

"So now that we've had a review of all the boring things that I'm sure the two of you are tired of hearing, I'm now going to give you guys a much more in-depth analysis about something that I brought up last week

"So now that we've had a review of all the boring things that I'm sure the two of you are tired of hearing, I'm now going to give you guys a much more in-depth analysis about something that I brought up last week." My dad raised his hands up out of growing excitement. "Does anyone have a clue of what I'm referring to?"

Ikaris and I blankly stared at him in silence and after awhile of receiving no answers he eventually presses a button on his projector remote to flash the beginning of an entirely new slide.

"Werewolves!" He suddenly blurted out. "Now as you can see from this slide, not only do their virus biologically affects them, but it also impacts their morphological restructuring completely. Now this is where it gets fascinating, because unlike the CGI werewolves we see in the movies their transformation isn't reliant on some kind of full moon or some kind of trigger for plot purposes. When they choose to become what they become, they remain completely sentient."

My dad quickly moved onto the next slide before continuing to speak. "Upon transformation, their teeth are substantially enlarged as specialized amelietates travel through the pores of the dentin and crown. Once they travel to the surface they deliver extra enamel to the tip, developing fangs that accommodate their chewing muscles such as the masseter and the pterygoid. Now when all these muscles elongate upon transformation, they end up with a much stronger bite force than you could ever imagine. Their bodies undergo extreme transformations as well, turning them into much more volatile versions of themselves with heightened strength, agility, senses, and quadrupedal and bipedal stances for efficient locomotion."

"So in short, werewolves are terrifying?" I finally chimed in.

"Oh absolutely." My dad quickly nods while adjusting his glasses.

Ikaris raised her hand up before speaking. "Have you ever seen one before?"

My dad momentarily lost himself to the question, aimlessly looking down in further thought. "Once." He finally breathed out pass his mind fogging thoughts.

"Well what happened?" I shrugged with furrowed brows, letting my sparked curiosity take over me.

"I'll just say that it's taken a lot for me to be able to gather up all this information to share with you both today." My dad shakily looked back up at us with a gulp. "Now it is hypothesized that their virus originates from an extinct sub species of dire wolves called the stone wolves, which interestingly enough also existed around the same time as the reaper bats." He vaguely skimmed over the subject, continuing past the lecture as Ikaris and I glanced at each other.

He continued on with the presentation, stopping on a slide that showed how the wolves must've looked like. "They were called stone wolves because their eye colors and fur coatings were known to be quite reminiscent of gems, and these specific hues that the wolves possessed helped identify the roles that they've been given such as Alpha, Omega, Beta-stuff like that."