New Beginnings

(Y/n) POV

I was playing cards with Penguin and Shachi, they were whispering back and forth to one another, as if discreetly talking about me whilst in front of me. "What are you idiots doing?" I asked

"Eh! Nothing!!" Penguin and Shachi both exclaimed at once, they seemed rather afraid. Their backs straightened, as their voices wavered slightly, they had a faint blush covering their cheeks as they looked at me.

"Something's going on." I said in a matter-of-fact tone as I looked at them, expecting an answer as if they were my own children.

"Nope, nothing's going on. Do you see something going on, Shachi? I don't see anything going on. Is there something going on?" Penguin asked getting higher in pitch as he continued talking

"No, I don't think there is. I don't see anything out of the ordinary, Penguin." Shachi confirmed, clearly lying.

"See nothing's happening!/See nothing's happening!" They both said at the same time as if to confirm themselves.

".... Y'all are not well." I claimed making Shachi laugh a bit nervously only for Penguin to sweat, this must've broke Ikkaku into a laughing fit.

"You two are so stupid!" She claimed as she held her stomach with laughter bubbling from the depths of her well toned abdomen.

"Why are they acting like this?" I asked

"Who knows." She stated as Bepo walked in, catching my attention.

"Bepo!" I called making him flinch slightly. "Aw, c'mon, don't be scared. Wanna come play a few games with us?" I asked, trying to be inclusive

"I'm sorry." He apologized

"What for?" I asked curiously

"Uh--- um.." He hummed trying to look for a reason

"I'm not forcing you to, but you're more than welcome to join if you want. There's no need for an apology... Oh- and don't apologize for not understanding either. I know some days are harder than others to comprehend words." I said being way more understanding of his needs rather than just brushing off his persistent apologies.

"Whoa. You understood him before he even spoke?" Everyone else in the room asked in shock

"Body language is the loudest language to speak." I said calmly

"What does that mean?" Shachi asked

"Y'know how actions speak louder than words?" I asked

"Yeah." Shachi answered

"That's going off of the same logic, but understanding their body movement more fluidly than just a glance. I had to study Bepo to understand him. It took a few days, but I understood him after I observed his movements and actions vs his speech patterns. I noticed that when he get more physically closed off, he tends to apologize the most." I explained as I played a Queen only for Shachi to play and Ace of spades, then Penguin followed with the 2 of hearts. "Goddammit Penguin!" I complained as I passed him the pile of cards.

He gave me a semi-evil cackle and became fairly cocky due to his large pile of cards.

"He's gonna win!" Shachi complained

"Not if we work together." I teased

"No teaming!" Penguin complained as we both looked at him with devilish smirks "No! That's not fair!" He complained

"Unfair? This comes from the same Penguin that cheated in a game of chess yesterday." I stated

He pouted and sighed at how ridiculous I was being "Why can't you accept that fact that I'm winning?"