18 // Blackmail

❥ KNOX'S POV

KNOX'S POV

There isn't an audience in the kill room tonight.

Knox has yet to utter a word, so it's been No Name doing all the talking. The man seems eager to meet his maker because he hasn't stopped running his mouth after regaining consciousness. He spews threat after threat toward Knox like he isn't the one naked, bound, and spread out on top of the stone table. Knox is unphased, to say the least.

Shit-talkers are usually the quickest to submit, so this should be a fairly easy kill.

"You stupid fucks don't have a clue about how badly you fucked up tonight!" exclaims No Name. "When our supplier finds out about what your crew did—"

"Enough." Grabbing a dirty rag off the tray beside him, Knox turns around and shoves it deep into the man's mouth. He then puts on a black pair of gloves and grabs something identical to an ice cream scooper before moving to stand at the head of the table. No Name's eyes widen a fraction as Knox looks down at him from above. "I usually give you assholes a choice in the beginning, the easy way out or the hard way out, but tonight, I'm choosing for you."

In a swift and effortless move, Knox uses the tool to remove No Name's right eye.

The man's muffled screams fill the room with a dreadful sound, his body thrashing against the hard stone as he struggles to free himself. Knox sets the tool aside in exchange for a mini-blow torch. After creating The Fallen Angels emblem on No Name's stomach, he then hovers it above No Name's missing eye while removing the filthy rag from his mouth.

"You know I'm with The Fallen Angels, and I know you're a Jackal," Knox says, quickly getting the introductions out of the way. "Where the fuck has Russell been hiding? I know you all abandoned your old clubhouse, so where's the new one located?"

"I..." The man sobs through his reply, adrenaline and pain causing his body to shake uncontrollably. "I-I don't fucking know where Russell is! He hasn't—"

"Wrong answer." Knox lightly torches No Name's empty eye socket, his own expression is calm like he's roasting marshmallows over a fire.

Reducing a grown man to tears while pushing him to the point where he unashamedly begs for his life usually makes Knox feel something on the inside.

Tonight is different.

Tonight he feels... absolutely nothing.

"You seem to have forgotten about your wallet being in my possession. Quite a lot of information can be found using one's government name and date of birth," Knox says, backing off. He sets the blow torch down to pick up a scalpel. He briefly holds it above No Name's sweaty face, allowing him to view it with his remaining good eye. Knox ignores the man's cries, and over a hundred cuts later, No Name arrives at the point where he's ready for death to take him away. He begs for it. "Not yet," Knox laughs. "We aren't done here."