Tales of Athera: Grey Eyes

It is raining when the three step out. One, in a large green shirt and black pants. His shirt functioned as both a shirt and a cape. While it stopped at his hips, the back still flowed downwards, almost touching the ground. The person next to him wore something just as long: a long yellow fabric, almost serving as a dress and a shirt combined. Underneath their right eye, a single tear is tattooed. Next to them, is a shorter woman. She is wrapped in a blue cloak. On the back, a single broken sword is painted. She wore a large, rounded hat, blocking the rain from sailing into her eyes. The others just squint, or hold up their hands. They are used to this. 

All three walk for many miles, wandering through wild trails and well-traveled roads, until they come across a skyscraper. It is surrounded by others like it, non-descript monuments to the power and folly of mankind. They walk into the crowded lobby and talk to the receptionist. 

"We're representatives from Grey Eye, we have a reservation?" The one in green asked. 

"Ummm...Enzio? The receptionist looks up from her computer. 

"Yes," Enzio confirms. 

"Names?" The receptionist takes out a pen, poised to write on a sign-in sheet. 

"Peter." Said Peter, dressed in yellow, wearing the teardrop. The receptionist looked confused, then turned to the one in blue. 

"Dino."  Says, Dino, dressed in a wide-brimmed hat and blue cloak. 

"Your appointment is at 9:45. If you'd like to wait...?" The receptionist said, motioning to the sparsely decorated benches, scattered with people. They sat. 

When 9:45 came, the receptionist led the three to the elevator and told them what button to press: 5. Enzio pressed it, and the elevator began to slide upwards. It slid up to level 5, and the doors slid open. They stepped into an office, with yet another receptionist. He did not look up.

"Names?"

"Peter, Enzio, Dino."

"Representing?" 

"Grey Eye Company." The receptionist pressed a button.

"Sir, Grey Eye's here to see you." A voice crackled over the intercom.

"Bring'em in." A door opened and the three stepped through. They entered a wide room, decorated with corners with plants and paintings on the walls that were not windows. A wide oak desk sat at the end of the room, a computer plugged in, and folders stacked onto each other. A man sat in a swivel chair behind the desk. 

"Grey Eye? I've never heard of you guys." The man behind the desk looked over them. "And certainly never seen you before..."

"We've come to offer a deal."

"They usually do. Go on."

"We only have one way to see, and we would like more."

"Only one way to see? What do you mean?" 

"Only one eye to see, and only one tooth to eat with."

"Oooh. It's a riddle. You're like those guys, right?" The man pointed to a gray picture, depicting three white-haired sisters, only possessing one eye and one tooth. "What is it...?  Alarm, Dread, and Horror?"

"Ok, enough." Peter pushes past Enzio, who was speaking for the group. 

"We're here to issue a warning." The man drops his happy attitude immediately. 

"Really. What kind of warning." 

"One of your life." Peter waves their hands. "We're usually not used for these kinds of tasks, but here we are."

"Who are you to threaten my life, gynandromorph?" Asks the man. "It's not like you aren't a target yourself?"

"Heh." Peter chuckles. "My point is:" They lean down, placing both hands on the desk. The wood below seemed to wither and blacken slightly under their touch. "We're warning you for your life. You keep containing free one, you die." They leaned back, standing in line with Enzio and Dino. "Simple as that." The desk returned to its state. The man looked at the desk, then back up. He pressed the intercom.

"Hera, my visitors are done here."

"Yes, sir." The door opened, and the three people left. Peter turned back, and touched one of the potted plants. It crumbled to dust under their touch.