Lights Out

Rose's POV

We just finished shopping for our graduation dresses. I went with a simple sky blue dress with a hem that reaches mid-calf while Sophie went with a bright pink off the shoulder slip that reaches above the knees. As we left I looked back at the coffee shop where we came across Garrett a few days ago. We ended up exchanging numbers and have been chatting sporadically. He still hasn't decided which university he wants to go to but the university of Oregon is appealing apparently. He texted me last night about meeting my mates. I have mixed feelings about whether to have them meet or not. I'm concerned that my guys will compare themselves to him when there's no reason to. So far I evaded the question but I'm not sure if he'll keep asking or not.

"What's on your mind girly?" Sophie asked me.

"I was thinking about Garrett, we've been texting and he wants to meet my mates." I tell her.

She gives me a pointed look. "If there's nothing to worry about then why not let them meet? Especially if you are trying to keep him as a friend."

I thought over what she said and it makes sense. On the drive back to her house she makes a detour to a small diner on the outskirts of town.

"Sit where you want ladies," a young guy about our age tells us. We decided to sit in a booth in the corner. The guy comes up to the table to take our order when I notice my bracelet glowing, "shit!" I whisper out loud. He tilts his head to the side and looks down at the bracelet. "That's pretty," he pointed out. I nod and look at Sophie who shrugs at me. We both order a couple of burgers and shakes and the boy leaves to put in the order.

"Relax," Sophie tells me, "remember there are many classes of demons, he could be an incubus like Max."

"You're right. It's the first time the bracelet has gone off and I was ready to bolt out of here but I thought maybe that'd look suspicious." I tell her.

"Well if for some reason the vibe becomes off, we can leave." She reassured me.

The boy, who's name tag said Jimmy, brings us our food and shakes and takes off towards the kitchen.

"See there's nothing to worry about. Let's just eat quick and head out if you're uncomfortable."

I agree and start eating. After a few bites I noticed my vision getting blurry. I get tunnel vision and everything goes dark.

*cough, cough*

I lift my head and try to figure out what just happened. I look around and I'm in what looks like a basement.

"Sophie!" I whisper yelled. In the corner I see her figure still laying on the ground. I rush to her on wobbly feet and shake her body. After a minute I see she's out cold and give up. I go up the stairs and start banging on the door.

"Help me! Somebody help!" I yell out. After a few minutes of hitting on the door I give up. I start looking around for my phone and I check Sophie's body for her but I'm unable to find them. Sighing, I sit down on my haunches and try think.

After another thirty minutes or so of searching around the room for any place to escape and trying the door here and there, there's finally the sound of a click. I rush up the stairs to try to overpower whoever answered.

"Whoa there girly, don't hurt yourself." A stocky guy with dark hair and eyes grabs my wrists and holds them behind my back, cuffing them. I start to recite a spell to knock him out but before I could complete it he slapped a piece of duct tape over my mouth.

"Are you sure this is the right girl?" The guy asks Jimmy, who comes up from behind him.

"Yes, I have the photo that was sent out. You know what this means? We'll be filthy rich. I already called him and he's on his way."