Chapter 16 | Teenage Desire

Midnight, April 3rd, 2013

(Cronus Lycoris)

His cold hands gripped the metal floor, vaulting himself onto it from below.

Chest raising up and down, he had climbed to the top of an abandoned drive-in theater over-ridden with rust and vines.

He dusted his hands off on his dark blue jeans. The moon shone on his figure, lighting the way ahead of him. Exploring the outside and climbing abandoned structures was a new high he hadn't felt before.

Cronus spent most of his time working at home, moving across expensive buildings, and living in the luxury of his parent's large mansion. Spending his time at this hamlet has let him experience a smaller life that isn't pristine. 
He threw a hand back and scratched the back of his neck as he walked around the large projector wall. The huge wall had a railing, similar to an advertisement post. The woman he was looking for sat on the edge, legs hanging over and hunched over.

She didn't look at him, but he knew she was aware of his presence. 

Cronus settled down beside her, far enough to barely avoid touching her. The smell of alcohol made his nose wrinkle. He noticed a cheap bottle of liquor on the opposite end of her. 

He chose not to say anything.

"This is a cool spot you found." He rumbled, leaning his arms on his legs and looking down at the grass. Some old, rusty litter was scattered about.

Riot hummed, "That was about the lamest thing you could've said."

He raised his eyebrows in amusement as he turned to look at her, "Yeah?" He smiled, "What if I told you that you shouldn't be drinking alcohol?"

Uncharacteristically, she grinned. "That'd be lamer." Her crystal blue eyes gleamed at him.

Cronus looked back down at the litter below. They shared a comfortable silence, but he knew something bothered her. After their talk yesterday, Riot stormed away into the forest. He didn't follow her to let her cool down, but she was gone for too long.
So, in the night, he went out looking for her. It was so late that it was considered the next day. Cronus didn't know what bothered her about him being an Alpha's son, but he was determined to get to the bottom of it.

Riot grabbed the bottle and took a swig of it. Her face scrunched up in disgust, but she took a second sip regardless.

"You're going to be the alpha." She said.

He laced his fingers together, trailing his eyes up. In the distance, he could see the old, boarded-off entrance to the drive-in cinema. A broken-down rusty car sat beside a snapped lawn light.

"Yeah." He breathed, "... You and I."

Riot quickly took another swig of alcohol. He pursed his lips, silently swearing at himself.