Chapter 34 | All-Out War

Chaos ensued

Chaos ensued.

Cronus' chest rose and fell quickly, lips flaring to show his long canines.

A shifted Lucifer stepped forward alongside Blaine, his rage as evident as his shining yellow eyes.

"PRICK!" He'd spat, "ALWAYS THE FUCKING COWARD!"

Blaine screamed at the top of her lungs next to him, "BENDING OVER FOR THE FIRST WOMAN YOU SEE, ARE YOU?" She'd point at him, "SOUNDS LIKE THE SKEET I KNOW!"

Signey narrows her eyes, resting her hands on her wide hips like a careless noble. "Such childish behavior." She spat. Argus shifted uncomfortably next to her, wincing at the harsh words being thrown at him by his own family.

The Blood Goddess scoffed, "You have no idea what power you're carelessly screaming at." She'd growl, "Insolent, mindless fools."

"You have no idea what you're talking about." Cronus broadly spoke, tightening his fists. The rogues snapped at him at a distance for speaking over their beautiful goddess. This did not bother him- he did not respect them.
His nose scrunched up in distaste. The disgusting stench of the foul wolves lingered in the air like a moving disease. "It is clear we have the Goddess on our side." He gestured to Riot, "She even blessed Riot with the gift of the Lycan."

Riot had stood there, not a word leaving her mouth. She stared her mother down- her breath caught in her throat.

What was this... feeling?

It felt like something was pulling her back. An itching sensation in her mind told her to leave- to run as fast as she could. Could this feeling be...

Fear?

"The Moon Goddess is putting her faith in another wolf," She'd scoff, "Because she's too afraid to kill me herself."

The warriors snarled and roared, a few shifted wolves arguing and yelling back at her. Lucifer growled, "I hope you rot like the rest of the rogues."

Cronus huffed and puffed, clearly agitated. "I once thought the Goddess could be wrong or fearful." He'd say, "But you're wrong. She knows what she's doing- you must always remember your faith, and she'll send you in the right direction."

"NO!" 

A new, deep voice echoed. 

She pursed her lips as the man standing beside her mother shifted his footing, but the anger in his expression was as clear as the blood moon.

"She abandoned me!" He cried out, "Left me to rot! Gave me an unwilling, unloving, careless mate who was only made to break my heart!"

"To make me fall apart!"

His murky emerald gaze shifted toward Signey, who looked at him blankly. "She didn't abandon me." He muttered loud enough for everyone to hear, "Signey saved me. She saved everyone here."
The she-lycan could only describe his expression as obsessive. Adoring eyes stared upon the false goddess with glee, loving every detail and speck he saw upon her body and face. He was lost in a trance. "I love her."