●♥ 𝟙 ♥●

»»——♥——««

»»——♥——««

He was on the beach this time.

Just where the water rose in lacy waves creating a soothing chorus, washing unto the softly golden hue sand in a comforting embrace. There he was with his face leaned backwards looking up. He raised his hands ever so slowly over his head as a shield. The rays from the setting sun slipped through his fingers, adding an ethereal glow that complimented his ebony skin.

The cool breeze swept through his blue-black afro curls, brushing it in a way that made my fingers jealous.

I couldn't breathe. How could he look even more dashing this time?

My heart raced with burning curiosity, just like every other time. Just who exactly was he? And why just why, was he invading my dreams?

The soothing air stiffened as the questions echoed from inside my head out into the surrounding air. He spun in my direction, and his brandy-coloured eyes widened.

What in the...

I sprang right up from my bed, my eyes snapping open as my heart pounded continuously in my head. My body quivered in the relatively dark room as heavy breaths released from my lips.

What just... Did he just hear...?

I wasted no time with my thoughts. I switched my bedside lamp on and snagged my sketch pad from the side along with my other materials, moving to sketch the scene before the moment passed. After scrolling through pages of different versions of him in a haste to find a space, I got to work. Getting lost in each stroke, trying to put down every little detail that I could.

Time went by as a blur from then on, with my eyes sweeping rapidly across the pages and my hands moving and painting through each curled and straight edge, hoping to get the perfection that was the scene. Rays of light seeped through the white chiffon curtains once morning was near, but I didn't stop. Couldn't stop, not until I was done. Not until I penned the last stroke down. I was once again lost in a trance.

"Eyi!" The firm and hearty voice crashed right into me like a harsh tide of waves just as the door to my room slammed open. At the entrance of the room, Abigail stood with her hands on her waist and her close-set eyes drilling daggers into me. She packed her jet-black long hair into a twisted ponytail, which made her naturally made-up face pop. And was she dressed up?