[5]

Lilith's POV:
    Holy shit. Why did I do that? I gave myself a quick chastisement before sneaking a quick glance at Hui Jie, just to see her staring daggers into my soul. If looks could kill, I would've been thrown into a pit of wild hungry beasts and flayed into microscopic pieces.
    After the rest of the class cleared out, she flounced toward me. Instinctively, I took a step back.
    "What were you thinking?" she hissed, her tone brimming with distaste.
    I shrugged, at a loss for words. I really didn't know, a part of me just went ahead and did...that.
    "This is utterly ridiculous," she spat, before stalking out of the classroom.
~
   Maybe it was because I wanted to make it up to her. No, I hate her. But... do I? I contemplated, sitting down under a tree in the school garden, and slowly eating my lunch. I could see Hui Jie sitting cross-legged in the gazebo across from me, her book in her lap. Her head was tilted downwards, causing her jet-black hair to shield the sides of her face, like an opaque curtain. She looked so peaceful. I wonder how she would react if I went to sit with her. She would probably shoo me away immediately. I caught myself staring at her for far too long. I quickly focused on my food again.
    Should I? Should I try sitting with her?
    Gosh, what am I thinking? I couldn't possibly want to befriend her again, right? Lilith, the spoiled and mean brat, desperately wanting to be friends with someone?  Usually, it would be the other way around!
    I looked up at Hui Jie again. I could've sworn I saw her look back down at her book at the last second. Eh, whatever. Maybe I should give it a shot. You never know for sure unless you tried, right?
    I slowly got up and started to walk towards her...