[21]

Lilith's POV:
    I rolled my eyes watching her disappear into the bathroom. Flopping onto the bed, I switched on my phone. Sigh, Angeline has been bugging me about Hui Jie again.
    For the last time, she is NOT my lover girl. It's just a little crush, that's all.
    Three little dots appeared on my screen. Then they vanished to be replaced with the text: Yeah sure, I saw how she cleaned your sneakers today, I bet she's got you swooning. Then a skull emoji followed by laughing crying cat emojis.
    I groaned and switched my phone off; she could be so annoying sometimes. Sitting up, I draped the blanket over my crossed legs and browsed the hotel's selection of movies. My eyes lit up when I saw the thumbnail of "Boys over flowers". No way, they stream this series here too? I squealed quietly and clicked on it. Just then, Hui Jie got out of the shower.
    "What're you watching?" she mumbled. Her navy blue satin pajamas looked so cute on her.
    She took a sharp inhale.
    "Oh my god, you watch this too?" she shrieked.
    Hui Jie tossed her towel into her luggage and jumped onto the bed beside me.
    "Yeah," I replied nonchalantly. She was always so cute when she gets excited, just like a little kid.
    "Which episode are you on? I was just finished with the thirteenth," she said, her eyes shiny with eagerness.
    I paused for a while, before answering, "me too."
    Honestly, I was on the eighteenth, but oh well, I didn't mind rewatching the previous episodes, not when Hui Jie looked so happy.
    "That's great! Let's binge."
    I smiled as Hui Jie clicked on the episode she stopped at. I haven't seen her this happy in a while. Her smile made my heart flutter. Gosh, what am I thinking? I sucked in a breath. Come on, get a grip on yourself. But, maybe Angeline was right. I thought about what she had said. No, there's no way I love her, maybe I like her, but it was certainly not love.
    After watching four episodes, I felt Hui Jie's head droop on my shoulder. Oh? She fell asleep.
    She looked so peaceful. I sighed. What should I do? Should I move her to the bay window? But I didn't want to wake her up. Slowly, I shifted her head onto a pillow, then I laid down beside her...after placing an extra pillow between us, of course. I stared at the ceiling; the sky outside was already engulfed in darkness,  and the moonlight had started creeping into the room through the cracks of the curtain, casting warped fragments of light on the wall. And yet, I could not catch a wink of sleep.
    I flipped on my side, my back facing Hui Jie, and scrolled through my phone, randomly liking my friends' posts. After what seemed like forever, I finally felt myself drifting off.