20

I didn't want to end the kiss but we needed air. 

Am I really falling for her?

"Are you still mad?" I asked her while I pull myself away.

"Where were you the whole afternoon?" She leaned her back on her swivel chair and cross her arms in her chest.

"What do you mean? I was here in the office the whole day." 

"I step out of my office I think around 3 in the afternoon and you were not in your seat, again at 03:30 and then again at 4. Oh wait, even till 04:30, you were not in your seat, so yeah Cara, You were not in the office the whole day." I could sense a bit of anger in her voice which made me feel nervous.

She was checking on me?

"I was... I was with David and the other interns the whole afternoon." Why do I need to stutter? That will make her believe me, idiot!

"Oh yeah? Are you sure about that, Cara? And you were not with Brian?" 

"Why would I be with Brian the whole afternoon, Alex?" I recovered quickly and was a bit annoyed at the insinuation.

"I don't know, maybe to hug him more! Or maybe kiss him this time!" Her voice is full of mockery and disgust.

I started feeling upset by what she said. 

"Is that what you think I do whenever I was with Brian?" 

"Ohh, so you're admitting that you were with him today!"

"That's not what I said, Alex. Don't toy with my words." I know she could hear the anger in my voice, I intended her to.

"Well, you just said..."

"No, I did not." I cut her off. My voice rose a little as I am really annoyed with her and couldn't hide it.

And I continue.

"You know what, I came here to check on you and see maybe you wanted to go home together but, never mind! I don't think I would even want to be with you right now!" I walked out of her room angry and thrashing.

"Cara!" I heard her yell out my name but I ignored her and didn't even look back.

I know she cannot follow me because she's still limping. But still, I quickened my steps wanting to get out of this building.

I don't think I have ever been this angry. Alex can push my buttons with just one snap and I'd be losing it.

She's so impossible. Is that what she thinks of me? Because I shared kisses with her, she thinks I do that with everybody. Is she kidding me?

As soon as I stepped out of the elevator my phone rang, the caller ID says it was Alex. I declined the call and turned off my phone.

Now she will call me? The nerve!

I drove off and didn't look back.

I remember Brian's party. I wanted to cancel but Claire and the girls already know I'm coming. They would probably call me and worry if they would not be able to reach me.

I'll call them on my land phone at home.

I reached my apartment and threw myself in the Shower. 

How dare her accused me of things!

I stayed in the shower for more than half an hour, I needed it to cool myself down. I don't want to go to the party in an upset mood. Claire would definitely know something was up and I'm not ready to tell her about Alex.