45

"Where have you been???"

Claire screamed when I opened the door of our hotel room. 

Brian who was seated on my bed stood up and walked towards me.

"Are you okay? Where have you been?" He held my arms, checked them then cupped my face, worries written across his handsome face.

"Whose shirt is this?" He held the hem of my sleeves and asked when I didn't say anything.

I freed myself from Brian and walked toward my bed while Claire was still glaring at me.

"I was with Alex." I simply said.

As I sat on my bed, I saw Claire flipped and squinted her eyes at me.

"What the hell, Cara? Do you even know how worried we were? You disappeared last night, you didn't even call or just stop by and say, I don't know... bitches I'm getting laid, bye!"

"I didn't get laid, Claire!" I hate it when Claire is this sarcastic, it means she is really upset.

Well, I'm really at fault. I didn't even tell them where I was the whole night, but with what happened with Alex, I honestly didn't think about them.

I mean, nothing happened. We stayed the whole night at the beach and talked about random things. We went to the souvenir shop last night just to get me a shirt, and that was it.

It is six in the morning and I am sleepy but I guess I won't get my sleep without facing the anger of Claire.

"I'm sorry." I looked both at Claire and Brian. 

Claire shrugged her shoulder in an upset way while Brian kept a straight face.

"I'm gonna go get some sleep." He said and then he left.

"He even called the hotel management to do a search party if you didn't show up for the next couple of hours, Cara!" The vein in Claire's forehead is popping. It scares me more whenever it shows.

"What the hell were you thinking? Are you still in your teenage years that you just run away without caring about the whole world behind you?" She continued, still yelling.

"Claire..."

"I was freaking worried about you, Cara!"

"Claire!"

"What?"

"Alex is dying..."

Claire's brows furrowed, she sat on her bed across from me.

"What?"

"Alex is dying, Claire."

"I heard that, but what do you mean?" Her face which was fuming with anger a second ago has now softened.

"She's sick... and she's dying." Remembering last night, how painful it was to hear it from her came rushing back.

The whole night we were together, we both avoided getting on that topic again.

I told Claire the whole thing, I needed to get it out, I needed to cry more, I was scared to cry my heart out last night in front of Alex because once I did, I didn't know if I would be able to stop.

"Does Brian know?" Claire asked.

"I don't think so." I shook my head.

"Ohh, I'm sorry, babe." She shifted beside me and hugged me. "I'm so sorry."

"So am I." I sniffled.

Claire let me sleep the rest of the morning. When I woke up, it was already lunchtime.