Chapter twenty-five

Tw: SH

I got an uber and went to Athena’s place. I knocked on the door and waited for her to answer me, when she did, she looked surprised with the amount of stuff I had gotten, my mum had sent me 500 to spent on clothes, but I spent 350 and kept the rest. She let me in and took some of the bags from my hands. I left them at the living room floor and so did she.

“Have you eaten?” She asked.

“No, have you?”

“Nope, do you want to order?”

“Sure, what do you want?”

“There’s a Greek restaurant nearby if you want” She suggested.

“Sure, I’d love to try Greek food” I said excited.

She ordered and we sat at the couch.

“Why are you still wearing your work clothes, you’ve been home for a couple of hours?”

“I wasn’t, I got home a little before you did, I went to see a doctor, he is a family friend, and he took me in right away.”

“So, what did he say?”

“No cold beverages, no yelling and limit speaking to when it’s absolutely necessary, he also gave me some antibiotics and the same candies and syrup you did. He also suggested I drink hot tea with honey. How did you know what you were supposed to do?”

“I’m interested in medicine, I was thinking of going to medical school and becoming a doctor, that’s why I took biology and science this year.”

“Oh wow, that’s impressive.”

“Yes, it is, now shut up, you shouldn’t be speaking” I said and she stuck her tongue out. “You are such a baby” I said, and she nudged my arm. “Is it okay if I put my new clothes in the washing machine?” She nodded and I got up and separated dark from light, she got up and helped me carry them to the washing machine, we put the dark in, and she set it on the right program.

Then the bell rang, I rushed to the door and got our food and paid.

“You shouldn’t have paid” she said as we sat at the table to eat.

“I disagree.”

“I was thinking, I have an empty room that I don’t use for anything, we could put a bed and a dresser, and you can stay there.”

“You don’t have to, I have a job offer and I’ll try and save some of the money my mum sends me, I think I’ll be out of here soon.”

“You don’t have to rush, take your time and make sure you have enough saved up.”

“I don’t like being a burden, I’ll be out as soon as possible.”

“You are not a burden, it’s kind of nice actually that I’m not alone in the house.”

“You are just being nice.”

“No it’s true, are you enjoying the food?”

“Yes, it’s great, what am I eating again?”

“It’s called Pastitsio.”

“And what are you eating?”

“I got Moussaka.”

“And what is this?” I pointed at a third plate in front of us.

“It’s gyros with tzatziki and sliced pita bread, try some, it’s for the both of us” I scrunched my nose, it looked weird. “let me help you” She said and took my fork, she put some of that white thing on the pita bread and then some of the meat and she folded it a little.