XV. You're Not Him

Chapter 15,
You're Not Him
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikaela was starting to feel sick to her stomach when she got to where all of the masks and gowns were, she needed to excuse herself from the group. While the others continued to discuss a plan on how to end the ghostface, Mikaela was outside, her heart was starting to ache again.

Her breath quickened a little bit as the aching of her heart caused the rate of it to go faster, her eyes were starting to sting with new warm tears and her hands began to shake. Her mind was trying to distract the fact she was having a panic attack but it wasn't working, Mikaela found herself sinking to the group in a corner of the theater, gripping her knees to her chest as she sobbed. Everything was swirling through her mind, Wes, Aurora, Riley, and her own attack.

Breathing felt abnormal, as if none of the oxygen was truly going to her lungs, Mikaela felt a little cold as she began to shudder. There was nothing she could do at the moment but accept the panic attack and pray it'll be over soon. It didn't help when she began to wheeze, she was suffocating almost.

"Kae? Is that you?" A voice called out as they approached the corner she was in, Mikaela couldn't look up to check who it was, she was too focused on waiting for the panic attack to blow over.

The only reason why Mikaela looked up is because the person had decided to sit next to her and grab her hand. It was Miles.

"I can't gather my thoughts., everything is spinning." Mikaela whispered, afraid if she were to go an octave higher she would break down in front of him.

Miles didn't want her to feel uncomfortable around him but she needed some of his help, he opened his arms and waited for her. Mikaela took a moment before slowly sinking into the boy's arms, his warmth taking care of coldness that stood on her skin. She felt goosebumps as he rubbed her arm softly and lightly.

Miles's face went into a crimson red as Mikaela took a deep breath and held onto his bicep, this wasn't about him though.

"You have been through so much, it was wrong to bring you here." Miles responded, his hand moving slightly down to the girl's waist, which sent butterflies to her stomach.

Mikaela felt like this was wrong, she was being comforted by Miles, and he was touching her in the softest ways that felt like Wes.

"You're a breath of fresh air, Wes." Mikaela smiled as she looked up at the boy, Miles's smile faltered as he heard the name that did not belong to him.

"Mikaela, I'm Miles." He corrected her, Mikaela sighed and nodded her head, apologizing for calling him the wrong name.

Out of embarrassment, she got up and began to walk away, Miles got up quickly, he knew it was an accident. He wanted to prove to her that his love for her was enough to make her feel normal again.

"Kae, wait!" Miles shouted as he rushed over to her, grabbing her hand, Mikaela turned around and looked at him.

"Miles." Mikaela was very close to the boy, his breath fanning on her face, the smell of mint and cologne made her face go pink.

She couldn't do this, not to Wes. Mikaela pushed him gently away and took a deep breath, Miles was a bit confused.

"I see him in you Miles, but you're not him and you won't ever be him. I'm sorry." Mikaela's tears formed again, but before they had a chance to fall, she turned around and walked away.

Miles reminded Mikaela of Wes way too much, he also reminded her of herself. She was kind, quiet, and sometimes clueless. Miles was perfect for Mikaela, but nothing will ever happen between them. Not now, not ever.