Chapter 16: Riders?

"Are you sure about this?"

"Nightstar it's going to be fine, the humans won't attack you."

"I know Shadow but..."

"Nightstar, look at me, stop. Just stop, okay?" Shadow said.

"It's okay, the humans are nice," Shadow comforted. "Okay." Nightstar said.

"Besides, Moonshine's first anyways."

Moonshine POV

"Ariana Harper." That weird, small, orange, smelly guy called out.

A girl with blonde hair and light brown skin walked towards me.

"Hey, girl," she said calmly. I was a little scared, considering what humans did to me in the past. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you," she said soothingly.

She stroked my scales. I tensed up. "Your a pretty girl, aren't you? Your pretty purple eyes...I need you to work for me, okay?" She asked me.

The moment she got on me, I tensed up again, then I knocked her off me. I snarled fearfully at her.

"Not your lucky day, Ariana, it turns out Moonshine is afraid of you." Dak said as she walked away.

What are they trying to do to me!? I thought. I didn't know HOW Shadow managed to even let Kira on his back.

I AM afraid of the girl. I am afraid of all humans. For years, I was trapped inside Nightstar's home, he never let me see the outside. I don't know if any of these humans are going to hurt me.

"Moonshine, it's okay," Shadow said.  

Phew! Just the guy I need to save my life! The human expert.

"How'd you manage to let Kira on your back, not knowing that she could betray you?"

"I..."

"Up next, is Olivia Fontenot," Dak called out.

Olivia ran fast towards me, she jumped on my back.

"Up, dragon!" She ordered. Fearfully, I knocked her off and growled at her. Then I flew off.

No POV

"Moonshine!" Shadow shouted as she flew away.

"Why did Auntie Moonshine fly away from these nice humans, Shady?" Dusk asked.

"Auntie Moonshine isn't used to humans, Dusk, she thinks all humans are evil like the ones that attacked and separated her from her family." Winger told Dusk.

"What about Uncle Dak and Auntie Leyla?" Eclipse asked.

"She... she .. I don't know how she feels about them. She has only known them for a day. She doesn't trust them yet."

"But.. but they're so nice." Dawn said. "She doesn't think so," Winger replied.

———

Kira POV

i am looking around the place while people are training to be Moonshine's rider, when...

"So, Dak and Leyla aren't the only two humans in the Rescue Riders, you are a Rescue Rider too, Kira."

No...