my girlfriend.

Lucas, Mike and Dustin were scouted into a Dungeons and Dragons club

Lucas, Mike and Dustin were scouted into a Dungeons and Dragons club. Whatever. Max couldn't care less. Except, she felt extremely alone. She doesn't know if it's her methods of pushing them away as much as she can or the fact they just left her completely once she began pushing them away.

She didn't expect Lucas to be so okay with it. The way he says oh... if that's what you want, I'll leave you alone, when she asked him if he's gonna stop asking her if she's okay all the time. Truth was she wanted him to fight for her, and stay by her side, as he'd always done. But Lucas did leave her alone.

Whatever.

Except it wasn't whatever at all, and Nicky, Nicole, Nick, whatever you may chose to call her, recognized this. Noticed it about her. Observed her. She was just a little weirdo. Wore rings. Had platinum blonde hair with dark roots. Wears eyeliner and black nail polish. Often seen arguing with her older brother, Eddie Munson, who's, shit, failed Senior year twice in a row. He also rules Hellfire Club.

Whatever. Right? That's what she says the first time she meets Max who gave her a peculiar look. "What?" The redhead slips off her headphones and Nicky laughs. "Whatever, right?" She asked and Max furrows her brows at her. "What... do you mean?" She asked and Nicky just glanced around.

"About everyone. Whatever." Max doesn't at all understand what that means. But she glanced around too. "Yeah. Whatever." She says and the platinum blonde chuckled. "Wanna ditch? Pep rallies suck." At that point, Max's eyes meet Lucas' and the boy smiled, and waved, as if they're still friends. As if they're still boyfriend and girlfriend. She turns to Nicky, "yeah. Sure. Pep rallies are totally lame." She says and they head down the bleachers.

That was where they met. Some stupid pep rally. That was also three years ago. Now they're Juniors in high school, no longer Freshmen who are new to high school.

NICKY MUNSON
potrayed by sophie thatcher

NICKY MUNSONpotrayed by sophie thatcher

MAX MAYFIELD
portrayed by sadie sink

MAX MAYFIELDportrayed by sadie sink

authors note
ok... so... yea this was originally just gonna be some girl that max meets at the trailer park after her and her mom move and neil left them and all, but then i decided to make nicky, eddie's younger sister bc why not plus the style, i just couldn't resist

i felt weird casting sophie thatcher at first... bc i've seen her in eddie fics, and i think even a steve fic? idk but at least sophie is closer in age to sadie than joe quinn or keery lmao