Chapter 45

"This is a prestigious project for us

"This is a prestigious project for us. Even if we are connected with the Rajvansh groups that doesn't mean we are on the top. We have to give our best then only we will be recognised for our own work and not as one of the companies under Rajvansh groups, is that understood?" Kaushik asked after we just finished getting the deal for Oberoi Resorts. It was Monday morning two days after we returned from Udaipur. 

We returned home on Saturday exhausted from all the wedding shenanigans. So all Sunday Avy and I had a relaxing day, mentally preparing ourselves to be back in our regular routines.

And now here I am in my office trying to work. The key word being trying, because all I wanted to do was go home and cuddle with Avy. It was a task getting up from bed in the morning and getting ready for office but since I had no choice I did.

"Anika! Are you listening?" Kaushik snapped when I was zoning out. I shook my head and looked at him. All the people in the conference were looking at me. "Your vacation is over, stop daydreaming, get back to the present."

A flushed furiously as everyone was stared at me. Ugh Kaushik can be a dick sometimes. He is the only one who can say that to me in the company and not get fired because he is Bhaiya's friend and has known me since I was a kid. "I'm not daydreaming." I muttered, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Sure you weren't." He said sarcastically. "Anyway, am I clear? I don't want any mishap on this project. I don't care what you do but I want the best designs." Everyone in the room agreed and walked out of the room while I remained in the room.

"But Kaushik, why Neel's company? Can't we explore other projects?" I asked, my tone tinged with concern as we found ourselves alone in the conference room. He let out a weary sigh and fixed his gaze on me.

"Anika, if you truly aspire to lead this company one day, there's something you need to understand," he began, his voice carrying a hint of seriousness. "I know that there's history and unresolved issues between Neel and your husband, but when it comes to business, personal matters have to take a back seat. What your husband and Neel share is their own personal feud, and it should not affect our professional decisions."

He leaned forward, his eyes locked onto mine. "We can't afford to let emotions or past conflicts dictate our business choices. Before taking on this project, I consulted with Utkarsh, and he saw no issue with it since there is no involvement I of Neel in this project its solely done by his partners. So, let's not let this overshadow our work."

His hand came to rest on my shoulder in a reassuring gesture. "Remember, Anika, in the world of business, we must separate personal matters from professional ones. It's crucial for the success and growth of our company."

I nodded slowly, absorbing his words. "You're right, Kaushik. I understand. No personal matters in our business decisions," I affirmed, as I gathered my belongings, ready to leave the room.

"Exactly," Kaushik smiled, pleased with my response. "Now, let's focus on the task at hand and give our best to this project." 

"You didn't have to do that in front of everyone you know." I scowled remembering how he called me out in front of everyone. Kaushik chuckled.