Chapter Twenty-One

Here we are again ... I'm embarking on a new journey of a fanfiction story. This time, we're going with a post-apocalyptic vibe. I recently watched The 100 on Netflix. I'd been intrigued to write a story based off that show/series of novels. I decided to write it for NaNoWriMo. I'd starting almost halfway through the month, but I'm determined to, at least, get something going. My goal is to finish the story for NaNoWriMo July Camp ...

Chapter Twenty-One

Bella

I was dragging. Every bone in my body hurt. I'd been physically tortured by Jacob whenever Aro drifted off. His favorite way to make me pay for my lack of progress is his oversized shoe, kicking directly into my ribs. I also hadn't eaten since I arrived at the Drop Ship. Sleep only came when I was beaten up to the point of unconsciousness.

On top of that, it was getting colder and Aro was becoming septic. When I first arrived, he was aware of who he was, what happened to him and the probability of his survival. Now? He was running a high fever, despite giving him antibiotics and pain killers. He couldn't hold a conversation and he was talking apparitions. The putrid smells coming from the man also indicated his insides were rotting.

Aro was going to die.

And, there was nothing I could do about it.

Because of that fact, I was being tortured and physically abused by a madman.

I stumbled over my own feet, falling to my knees. Jacob looked at me with a snarl on his face. "You're worthless, Swan."

"I'm exhausted," I said. "And, freezing."

"Jacob, it's been four days and she's been working nonstop," said a man. "Give her a few hours to get some rest. Aro's asleep and you look like you're about to crash yourself."

With another disdainful look to me, Jacob nodded curtly and stomped up to the upper level of the Drop Ship. I felt my body sag with relief. The man crouched in front of me, giving me a smile. He had black eyes, but didn't hold the hatred and lethal nature that Jacob's did. "I'm Seth," he said. He held out his hand with tentative smile. "I promise to not hurt you."

"You work for him," I hissed, looking up to where Jacob had disappeared.

"I know you have no reason to trust me, but I don't agree with Jacob is proposing or how he's pulling the wool over the Grounders' eyes. Please, come with me. I have some food and our tent is warm," Seth murmured.

I scowled at him, but put my hand into his. He helped me to my feet and guided me out of the drop ship. He wrapped his arm around my body, leading me to a tent that was off to the side of the encampment, closer to the larger teepees of the Grounder army. Seth opened up his tent and helped me inside. A girl was with him, wrapped in blankets and furs. "Leah, can you share with Bella? She's just has on is this short-sleeved shirt," Seth asked. "Bella, this is my cousin, Leah."

"Cousin?" I asked, my voice slurring.

"It was another situation like Alice Brandon, but no one knew. It happened years ago," Seth said. "Your grandmother?"

"Great grandmother," Leah answered, peeling off a blanket. "Our neighbors, Kebi and Senna, gave us some of their blankets. The weather is starting to turn." She wrapped it around my body, frowning deeply. "What the fuck did they do to her?"

"What haven't they done?" Seth spat. "This has to stop! Surely our new friends have heard her screaming ..."

"Kebi mentioned something when she was showing me how to skin a rabbit," Leah whispered. "They don't like how violent Jacob is. First Alice ... I think Senna helped her leave."