2 - The "other" family

VICTOR

"Marriage? You can't be serious!" Zayn, my middle son said for the hundredth time. Let's just say my son's didn't take the news as well as I had hoped they would.

Except for Silas who's only facial expression is a nod. He inherited a lot of my qualities, but my other children aren't as quiet.

We all are packed in my office when I tried to explain my reasoning for getting married again, but I'm a grown man for God sake do I really have to explain myself to them?

Even if I tried I couldn't get around them all.

Silas speaks up but Zayn isn't done and he interrupts, "why isn't anyone else surprised but me? Dad explain!"

Silas stays silent but his law ticks, Zayn realizes his mistake to late when I give him a warning look. I may be strict but I have raised them to respect people their elders and in this case Silas deserves their respect.

He's earned it too, being the best older brother for his younger siblings.

"Sorry Silas," Zayn says sheepishly but Silas holds up a hand to stop Zayn from continuing.

"It's alright, I was just going to explain that dad is allowed to be happy, and if he wants to get married again who are we to question it."

Zayn nods but his expression doesn't change, "but we don't even know who this woman is?" He looks to me again with that one burning question.

It should be easy for me to answer but I'm not sure I'm ready to reveal all to my son's yet.

"Her name is Marie, she's a doctor and has 2 sons and.." I stop for a minute, regreting even continuing the sentence.

"And a daughter," I admit but relectenly looking to all of my sons, stopping at Silas for a final reaction. I haven't given him all the details other than who she is.

Zayns eyes widen but hes silent, Silas is wearing a undecided expression, the first one to say something is asher who is the youngest and he seems to be the only one excited about the news.

"I'm getting a sister!"

"This is the best news, please tell me she is the youngest, I can't handle being the youngest anymore." He smiles at me and scoots Zayn out of his chair to sit down.

Zayn pushes him back and ash falls off, furthering a argument between them.

"Well she's 15 and yes she's the youngest."

This makes all four of them stop and all eyes are locked on me.

"Do you really think you can handle more kids?" Hayes is finally speaking to me, he's usually the quiet one, but I can tell he doesn't like this news.

I sigh, getting down to my last nerve, "they're not my kids, and I raised all of you just fine."

I stand, adjust my suit and look at all of them.

"So think again before you question me." I say and narrow my eyes more specifically at Zayn, who I know will have the worst time excepting my new marriage.

Some nod and others protest but I still leave the room, this conversation is over.