Chapter 13 POV Elsie

The weather is gloomy, and the wind is strong.

The weather forecast predicts a continuous drop in temperature, and it might start snowing next week.

I want to watch the first snowfall with Vincent.

This time, the media came without any warning, and Bryan suspects someone is trying to stir up trouble.

I know it's Marlon.

Fortunately, Vincent hasn't come again in person, but he contributed money to the crew, specifying it for catering expenses.

"I've never had such a good boxed lunch in my life!" Lucy exclaims during lunch break.

I smile, "Is it that exaggerated?"

"Absolutely! Elsie, I've been to so many sets with you, and this boxed lunch is the best and most abundant!" Lucy says.

After lunch, Lucy goes out.

The makeup room door closes, leaving only Bryan and me.

"Alright, stop checking your phone; Mr. Vincent hasn't replied to you," Bryan says.

I put away my phone, "Don't peek."

"Is it still necessary to peek?" Bryan picks up the nearby makeup mirror and holds it in front of me. "Look at your expression, how joyful you are."

I laugh at his inexplicable tone, "Christmas is just around the corner. What's wrong with a little joy?"

There's an award ceremony called "Movie Night" in five days.

It's one of the industry's most important events, and Director Mr. Benjamin has also been invited to attend, so the crew takes a day off.

While waiting in the rest area for the red carpet, I send a tweet to update fans on my current situation and then sit on a chair, playing with my phone.

[Mr. Vincent, I'm not on the set today; there's an event outside.]

[The venue is very close to your home. Shall we have dinner together?]

We haven't seen each other in a week. Thinking about it, I sigh.

My phone vibrates, and I receive a message from Vincent.

[Sorry, I have a meeting tonight.]

[But we can still meet.]

I sit up straight instantly. [Okay.]

I remember Nick mentioned his stomach issues, so I add:

[Remember to eat on time.]

[Don't order takeout.]

Vincent replies: [Okay.]

The ceremony begins, and I walk the red carpet with the entire cast of "Buildwas Abbey." including Marlon.

There are many young people outside, cheering when they see us. Marlon stands next to me and takes advantage of the moment to ask, "Elsie, it seems like we're quite popular."

Facing numerous cameras and lenses, I can only nod with a fake smile.

But he becomes even more excessive.

Throughout the entire red carpet walk, no matter what he discovers, Marlon turns and whispers to me, causing me to miss several questions from the hosts.

And until the event ends, Marlon continues chatting beside me.

"Elsie, I'm really sorry about last time. May I invite you to dinner another day for an apology ?"