Chapter 27 POV Vincent

I send Elsie home and immediately text Josh: "I won her back."

Josh replies: "With whom? Elsie? No way, no way! She really turned around?"

Me: "en huh."

Josh: "So you're not having sex with your girlfriend now, and instead, you are contacting me?"

Me: "She's going on a business trip tomorrow. You're more free."

Josh: "I'm not free, thanks. I'm just on a halftime break."

"..."'

I get home, take a shower, lie down in bed, and text Elsie: "Is the packing done?"

"Almost."

"Tomorrow morning, I'll take you to the train station."

"Okay."

This reunion is hard-won, and I need to cherish it. So, while Elsie is 200 miles away, I think every day about how to get her attention.

She's renovating a new studio in Manchester, attending meetings every day, and busy recruiting new employees.

When she returns to the hotel at night, she finally has time to contact me.

I even have a slight wrong impression of being a concubine waiting for the king's favor.

But it doesn't matter.

When she texts me that she's back at the hotel resting, I immediately reply: "Can we video chat?"

A few seconds later, Elsie calls me.

I hold the phone, casually unbuttoning my shirt collar: "Finished work?"

I'm confident in my muscles. I haven't deliberately taken protein powder or bulked up, but I exercise for two hours every day. Not overly bulky but tempting with beautiful lines.

Elsie on the screen suddenly widens her eyes, and the next second, the video call is disconnected.

?

I dial again, "Why did you hang up on my video?"

She coughs lightly, "Accidentally touched it."

But her face is strangely red.

I squint and study her for a moment, "You like it."

"No, I don't."

"You do."

"..."

As expected, Elsie arrives two days earlier than planned.

I pick her up at the station and take her straight to my house.

I open the door and push the suitcase in.

Elsie kicks off her flat shoes, puts on her slippers.

I take off my coat, drape it over the sofa arm, and as I continue to pull the suitcase, Elsie sits on it, feet dragging on the ground. I laugh and, along with the suitcase, drag her into the walk-in closet.

No time to tidy up the clothes, and even less mood for it, we head straight to the bathroom and then to the bedroom.

Continuing a song that I have missed for a long time.

After it's over, we take a halftime break.

I get up, casually put on long pants, go to the kitchen, and bring back a glass of water.

Elsie lies back, playing with a strand of her hair that fell on the pillow. She winds her hair around her index finger, tightens it until her fingertip turns red, and then loosens it.

I hand her the water; she sits up, takes a sip, lies back down, and then says seriously, "Mr. Vincent, how did this happen?"

"What happened?"

"You weren't this fast before."

I can't help raising an eyebrow.

Am I getting old? Is she saying I'm getting old?

The next moment, she looks up at me, with an expression of "knows she said the wrong thing but doesn't regret it," and even a hint of provocation in the corners of her eyes.

This reaction makes my chest feel stuffy, and all the romantic thoughts turn into anger.

And she adds fuel to the fire, "Mr. Vincent, it seems there's an extra wrinkle here."

She uses her fingertip to trace the contours around his eyes.

I sneer coldly, "Do you think I'm old?"

Elsie actually takes two seconds to seriously think about it, then says, "Not before, but now."

"Hmm."

I seal her mouth, annoyed by her non-stop and irritating talk, fiercely biting her lips.

After Elsie gets pleasure, she doesnt want to cooperate with me.

She struggles under me, using both hands and feet to resist me.

I lower my head to kiss her lips.

"Um..." Elsie bites me angrily.

I change position to lightly nibble her earlobe.

"Am I old?"

Elsie bites her lip, unwilling to answer.

Until the end, she refuses to answer this question, but she's already too weak to walk. I take her to the bathroom to freshen up, then I carry her to bed, and we fall asleep embracing each other.

The sky is already showing a hint of dawn.

For almost a year, I finally get to sleep peacefully for a long time.