Thirty-Seven

Gently, the sun fell through the tinted windows. Long rays of gold crawled across the floor, touching every inch of the apartment while warmth made the air smell of something you've never known.

Home.

A soft breath made its way from your lips as you turned to your back and sighed softly.

Next to you, something huge moved. Muffled sounds reached your ears but you did not feel like waking up just yet.

With a smile on your face, eyes still closed, you rolled to the other side and wrapped your arms around Viktor's large frame. One of your legs snaked around his waste.

Sleepy, he grabbed your ankle to keep it in place and pull you closer to his back.

"Why did you turn away?", he asked in his raspy morning voice.

You snuggled up again his, the beating of his heart pressed through his spine against your cheek. He was warm and smelled so soothing.

Somehow it made you want to take a bite out of him.

"I didn't.", you muttered and breathed a kiss into the short black hair of the back of his head. "You fell asleep."

"I had you in my arms.", he returned, still tired but eager to insist. "Didn't you want to sleep close to me?"

"I did.", your hand squeezed through his arm so that you were able to give his chest a firm squeeze. "Your chest was more comfortable than the pillow."

A chuckle made his chest vibrate. The feeling pressed into your palm. You took it in, remembered it till all eternity and cherished it like a treasure you'd never forget.

"Gettin' more comfortable now, I see.", he joked and turned on his back so that he could face you with a smile on his lips. "Good morning, sleepy beauty."

You chuckled, his thumb gently caressing your cheek.

"It's sleeping beauty, Vik.", you said and playfully tried to catch his hand between your teeth. "Shouldn't you know?"

He pulled his hand away but not before giving your forehead a flip with two fingers. Startled, you flinched and squeezed your eyes shut.

"Whatcha mean?", he asked with a playfully offended look. "Think that I'm so old I've met her?"

"No...", you rubbed the spot where he had hit. "But you must have been around when the story was first filmed."

"Awfully ignorant of yours. I'm old but not THAT old."

"Vik.", you looked at him sarcastically. "The first movie came out in like 2047."

Viktor stopped. His brain worked as he counted through the years. It was obvious that he didn't want to tell you how old he was exactly.

But it didn't bother you anyways. You wanted him the way he was.

"I don't even know why I'm countin' I was there when Johnny Silverhand blew up the Saka tower...", he replied with a slightly bitter huff and pushed the blanket aside. "Anyways... Cravings for coffee?"

He pointed towards an old coffee machine that seemed older than you'd like it to be. Something was piled up next to it.

"Are those..?", unsure what to say you stretched your neck to have a closer look. "What is that Viktor?"

Chuckling, he pulled the straps of his pyjama pants tighter around his waist and tied them into a knot. Now the were only deep enough for you to see the curve of his back.

At the sight you had to remember the night before.

"Those.", Viktor held up one of the paper pieces. "Are coffee filters."

"Come again?", frowning, you slipped out of bed and hushed over to the couch to lean over the headboard.

"Filters."

"Hmm."

"For coffee. Coffee filters."

Amused, you grinned at him.

"I have no idea what that is supposed to be.", you said and leaned forward to place a kiss on the side of his face.

"It's how we used to make coffee. Before capsules and all, ya know?"

"No, I don't know. But I'm up for demonstrations. Gee, that thing looks old old."

"It is.", he agreed and pulled back a small container in which he placed the filter. "Older than me to be exact."

"You know, Vik, if you don't want me just say so. Because I sure as shit won't tug in my tail just cause you're a little older."

He huffed.

"Little older...", he muttered to himself with a nod as he pulled a box from the shelf and popped it open. "Interesting way of putting it."

Immediately, a strange scent reached your nose. It was odd, almost like something you've never known before. There was this musky undertone, mixed with something earthy and intense.

"What... is that?", you asked, unsure if you liked what you smelled.

"Coffee. Real one.", he held the box under your nose so that you could have a look at the rough, brown powder. "It's ganic."

Sceptical, you let your optics analyse what was in front of you.

"It says here real coffee beans are extinct.", you looked at him, concerned what ancient old things he took to get himself to be awake in the morning.

Viktor shrugged.

"Nothing grows on its own no more.", he simply said and poured a few spoons of the powder into the white paper filter.

You stretched on the couch to get your limbs to wake up. His eyes followed your movements. They were basically glued to your (S/C) skin.

"So how did you get them?"

Quickly, he turned his gaze away to forget the thoughts that roamed his head once more. Maybe last night hadn't been such a good idea. Now he felt like a junkie who was addicted to you.

"I grow them.", he cleared his throat. "Just a few but enough for myself."

Utterly confused, you froze in your movement and frowned.

"Wah..?"

Your head turned slowly to look at him.

"I grow them.", he repeated and pointed towards a door that was on the opposite side of the bathroom. "Feel free to roam."

He didn't have to tell you twice. Before he had even finished giving you permission you were up on your feet and at the door.