Chapter 10

Janak gathered all the learned sages,main main ministers in the main court.
Janak was sitted on his throne while Sunaina was next to him.On right side of the throne,sitted Gautam.On the left,sitted Kushadhwaj and Chandrabhaga.
All other ministers were sitted on the either side of the court.
Getting up,Janak said,"Aaj hum Ek bahut hi mahatvapurn ghoshna karne ja rahe hai.Humne apni putri sita ke vivah hetu,uske swayamvar ka ayojan Kiya hai."
("Today I am making an important announcement.For the marriage of my daughter Sita,I am organising Swayamvar .")
The whole court was filled with the echoes of congratulations and praises.
Janak intervined,"Lekin iss Swayamvar ki ek sharth hai.Jo Koi bhi Purush, Bhagwaan shiv ke Pinak dhanush ko pratyancha chadhaega,wohi sita ka Pati banega."
(But there is one condition.Any man,who can string the Pinak of Bhagwan Shiv,will be the husband of Sita.)
Pin drop silence spread in the court.Maharishi Garg was present over there.In order to break the silence,he said,"Parantu Maharaj,Aisa vyakti koun hoga?Aur kya hoga bhi?Kyuki kisi ek vyakti ko wo dhanush utha pana sambhav nahi."
(But Maharaj,Who would be that person?Does he even exist? Because It's not possible for a single person to pick that Bow)
Janak said,"Aapne Satya kaha maharishi.Lekin meri putri sita,bachpan mei is dhanush ko khel khel mei utha leti thi.Agar meri Putri ise utha sakti hai to koi to hoga Jo use utha sake.Aur aise vyakti ko dhundna iss Swayamvar ka uddeshya hai."
(U r saying truth Maharishi.But my daughter Sita used to lift this Bow just like a toy to play with.If my daughter can lift it,then there would be someone who can lift is as well.The main motive of this swayamvar is to find such person."

________________________________________
(At the banks of river Ganga)

We can see Ram busy Sharpening his sword.
Lakshman come towards him and sitting next to him asked,"Bhaiya, Gurudev Vishwamitra ka yagya purn hua aur saath hi tadka ka anth.Ab kounsa karya shesh reh Gaya hai?Ab to Ayodhya Laut chaliye.Mujhe sabki bahut yaad aati hai."

(Brother,Guru Vishwamitra's yagya is completed and tadka is also killed.So what is remaining to be done?Let's return Ayodhya.I am missing all of them."
Ram replied his dear brother,"Lakshman,Pitashri ne Hume ye agya di thi ki Rishiwar ki agya ka palan ho.Unke Bina kahe ayodhya lautna Anuchit Vartan hoga.Jabtak ve na kahe tabtk hum unke sath rahenge.
(Lakshman,Father has ordered us to follow each order of Gurudev.Without telling him, returning Ayodhya would not be appropriate.Untill he says anything we will stay with him.)
After a while, Vishwamitra came over there.Both the brothers stood up and payed obeisance to him.Blessing both of them he told them to pay obeisance to the divine river in front of them.

All three of them sat down.Vishwamitra said,"Mahanadi Ganga aur Tumhare purvajo ka ek bahut gehra sambandh hai."
(The connection between This great river Ganga and your ancestors is very deep.)
Ram said,"Gurudev,Humne Mata ganga dwara apne purvajo aur bahut se logo ka uddhar karne ki Katha suni hai.Lekin iss Nadi ki utpatti kaise hui?"
(Gurudev,we have heard how this river Ganga has has sanctified our ancestors.But how did it originated?)
Vishwamitra said,"Parvatraj Himavan ki ek sundar patni thi,jiska naam Mainavati tha.Unn dono ki 2 putriya thi,Ganga
aur Uma

Uma to bachpan se Bhagwan Shiv ki tapasya ke liye utsahit thi,to ganga chanchal aur sabhi se prem karnewali thi.Uske isi Pavitr swabhav ke karan,teeno Loko ke Kalyan ke liye devtao ne Himavan ko Ganga ji ko mang liya aur Unhone swikriti dedi.Uske bad ganga brahmaji ke kamandal mei ja basi.
Jab tumhare Purvaj Raja Bhagirath ne unhe dharti pe avtirn honeko kaha,tab unka weg bahut ugra tha.Tab Bhagwan Shiv ne unhe apni jatao mei dharan karke unhe niyantrit kiya aur tabse we iss dharti hai."
(King of mountains,Himavan had a beautiful wife named Mainavati.The couple had two daughters Ganga and Uma.Uma was interested to do penance for lord Shiva,while ganga was of playful nature and loved everyone.Due to her this divine nature,In order to sanctify the three worlds Gods demanded Himavan to give ganga to them.After that Ganga resided in the kamandal of Brahmadev.When your ancestor King Bhagirath told her to descend on the Earth,then her speed was very fast and out of control.Then God Shiva took her in his matted hair and controlled her speed and since then she is on the earth.)
After paying obeisance to the divine river,they traveled further.
Reaching Mithila,they met Rishi Yagyavalka and his wives Maitreyi and Katyayani.
Yagyavalka asked,"Rishiwar,aapke sath ye dono navyuvak koun hai?Mukhmandal ka tej itna hai,ki Surya ke vanshaj pratit hote hai."
(Rishivar,who are these young boys with u?Their radiant faces indicate that they belong to ancestory of Sun)
Vishvamitra smiled and said,"Maharishi,ye dono Ayodya ke Maharaj Dashrath ke putra Ram aur Lakshman hai.Apne yagya ki Raksha hetu mei inhe apne sath le aya.Inhone hi Tadka aur Subahu ka vadh karke mere yagya ki raksha ki hai.Yaha par Bhagwan Shiv ke dhanush ka yagya hone ja raha hai.Usi Divya dhanush ka darshan karwane inhe yaha le aya"
(Ohh great sage,both of these Ram and Lakshman the sons of King Dashrath of Ayodhya.I have brought them for protecting my Yagya.Both of them killed Subah and Tadka and protected my Yagya.I heard that there is a yagya regarding the divine bow of Bhagwan Shiv.So i brought both of them to show that Bow.)
Yagyavalka was delighted to see these brave princes.He invited all three of them to stay in his hermitage
All three of them stayed in the Ashram that day.
______________________________________