Heart to heart talk [part 12]

Karthik Pov:-

I woke up and saw a not so familiar room, I looked around and saw kirti sitting beside me smiling sheepishly at me. "happy anni....versahary dadda" she said and hugged me and I hugged her back, "thankyou so much my love" picking her in my arms I went outside the room and smelled the aroma of food, it was pesto sauce pasta's smell which drishti makes. I went inside the kitchen and saw her making the coffee which I like. She turned around and saw me and smiled softly, uff her smile makes my heart swell in happiness.

kirti jumped down and ran towards her mumma, "see dadda is wakey wakey mumma" "yeah I see he is awake, freshenup karthik then we will have breakfast, mandy will be back too from the store" aish she didn't have to take that bastard's name. I nodded and came back after taking a quick shower and saw my wife and daughter laughi9ng with that mandy guy ugh I hate him so much. "MM you are sho cool" "that toh I am" he said kissing kirti's cheeks. he saw me and said, "Happy anniversary bro", "thank..you" oh yes it our anniversary its been 3 years drishti and I are married.

And then last night came flashing down in my memory how I ended up saying everything to drishti about my not so good past and trauma, then I cried hard in her arms and then I maybe passed out after venting out my emotions after so long. How did we came back, how did she manage, "mandy helped me bringing you home last night" she said as if she read my mind, "oh" was all I could say. We had our breakfast and mandy went downstairs in the cafe with kirti to give me and drishti some privacy to talk.

I dont know what to say except for only one thing but that is too selfish of me but I am built like this and some things cant change. "umm drishti I ..." "dont say anything karthik just let me speak first" she said and I nodded. "Karthik I was 7 years old when I got to know that my father never wanted me in first place, he wanted a son but mom couldn't conceive again after my birth so he became toxic and started cheating on mom, she knew but she didn't do anything. Later when I was 12 he finally left mom for some millionaire much old woman and went to live with her. Mom was devastated and cried for months, she knew dad was horrible man but she loved her too much to hate him and maybe this trait I have got from her, even though I try to hate you but I can't I am desperate for love Karthik and now that I know you love me I can't even think about hating you. I know maybe I sound pathetic but this is me I am like this"

She spoke and i felt pang in my hurt, this woman in front me had done nothing but loved me to bits and what did I do. She continued speaking, "She was in depression for years I tried my best to cheer her up as she had no one except me her family died a very long time ago in an accident. I was 16 when I saw her hanging from the fan and that was the day I was most miserable. I was only 16 and had no money, no family I was sent to the orphanage, the owners were too kind to send us to schools and colleges and when i turned 23 when I met papa ji as he was chief guest in a function at orphanage he liked me in an instance and asked me for marriage"

"at first I denied as you were too good for me, from such a big status and royal family, I felt how can you marry a orphan like me but later your grandparents too asked me the same and the owners of orphan were good family friends of yours they were very happy so I eventually agreed. At first I didn't like you a bit but slowly slowly I started falling for you, even if you were rude to me, you still cared for me secretly. I noticed everything you secretly do for me like bringing home chocolate sand ice creams during my periods in name of whole families treat, standing up for me against mummy ji when I am not around I know it all karthik, that made me fall for you even more. I was happy that night when we did it for first time I was drunk but I felt those feelings, I was happy to become a mother" She kept saying as I heard her silently with all those things flashing in  my mind.

"But karthik I am a human I have my limits and it broke few months ago and what ever happened almost a month ago after your accident was too much so I thought its better to leave you so that atleast you could live in peace, but see you are here telling me I am your peace and that you also love me, so you wanted to tell me about your past and you did, karthik I am proud of you that you have become so strong even after all that happen" She held my hand and came closer. "I am just like my mom karthik I don't like breaking families and also I cant leave the ones I love. according to today's teens you are a red flag and I am color blind" She said and we both chuckled.