Chapter 24

Swords clash as the training ground was teaming with life. Kellam was in the middle. If they can't fight him they can't fight at all.

Kellam snarl at the young guards. He was losing his patience with their short attention span.

"Do you want to be a royal guard or not?"

"Yes Your Majesty!"

"Then act like it!" He lung at them and they jump out of the way before they can be decapitated.

But they did get nicked. They stared horrified. They came so close to dying.

"Stop looking like fish out of water. This kingdom don't need weaklings. If your can't protect the kingdom or your Queen then you can go home."

He put his sword down and wipe the sweat from his brow. He head inside, desperate for a bath.

"Well that was something."

"Hey Love. Sleep well?"

"It was heavenly. But the sight was great to wake up to."

He look down at himself and back at her with a smirk.

"I should go shirtless more often."

"Not complaining. So where are you going?"

"Our favourite spot."

"Count me in!" She jump on him and he catch her.

"I'm sweaty."

"Who cares? It's not gonna kill me."

"God I'm lucky."

"You have no idea." He roll his eyes and shake his head.

He walk out to the garden and out the back gate.

The walk to their special spot was short. Kellam set her on her feet and remove his last remaining piece of clothing. He dive into the water and Selah smile.

She get out of her clothes and join him. She sigh at how warm the water was.

Kell narrow his eyes at the grass around thr edge of the water. Selah noticed that change in his mood and swim over to him.

"What is it?"

"Nothing."

"Kellam I know something is wrong."

"Darkness is coming."

"I don't understand."

"This place is protected by faery magic. If the grass start changing colour then something is wrong."

"It's OK. Remember we fight our battles together."

He push the thought to the back of his mind and pull her to him.

"So perfect."

She grin up at him, pushing the hair from his face.

A scream tore through the forest scaring Selah. Kellam jump into action by getting them out of the water.

She get her clothes on just as a woman was throw into a tree. She rush to her scared.

"Are you OK?"

"I give my power to you." The woman grab her hand and Selah fell as pain rip through her body.

"Selah! What are you doing to her?!"

Kellam got held back by an invisible force as he watched his beloved crying her eyes out.

Tears roll down his face as he can't do anything to help her.

"Selah!"

Selah's body went limp as the invisible force release him. He rush to her. He cried harder seeing her pale skin.

"She's alive."

"She's not moving!"he scream in anger.

"She will sleep for a hundred years. She's our only hope. We've protect this forest for as long as we could."

It finally dawn on him that the women was a faery.

"Protect her at all cost."

The woman start fading and flowers grow in the spot where she died.

Dejected, Kellam lift Selah up.

"Until death Selah."