8

The next morning I'm up at 4:30 , I'm going to find Juliette . As much as I dislike her , my brother needs her and I'll do that for him . I'm doing the last final touches as I put my hair in a slicked back bun . Smokey eyes and mauve lips my signature look . I'm wearing a black sweater , black leather pants and high heeled ankle boots with dainty buckles on the side . I pout my lips in the mirror and strut out of my bedroom .

" Madam Warner " , I glance in the direction of my name being called . It's a soldier and he's awkwardly jogging toward me . Oh brown eyed boy , I'm taken aback by his honey colored eyes , I shake my head to shake off that disturbing thought . " State your business soldier " , I smile at him kindly . I can see he's a bit shaky . " Forgive my unprofessional behaviour , but where is the Central intelligence unit ? " , " Follow me , I'm on my way there " I reply . He looks more relaxed as I walk beside him comfortably . " How old are you soldier ? " I ask " 18 " he replies "you? " . I laugh at his response . " Did your mother never teach you to ask a lady's age ? " . He actually blushes , from imbarresment I assume , and I realise he's new . Fresh from a loving home so innocent and naive . He doesn't know the rules around here , Anderson destroy children like these into ice cold machines . My inner monologue is interrupted by almost hitting a wall . I gracefully remove imaginary lint while facing the wall . He stares at me with the tiniest grin in the corner of his mouth .

I slide my key card through the panel , the door lifts and I walk inside . A group of soldiers greet me and a acknowledge them with a nodd . " Here we are umm " , I squint my eyes to look at his name , he glances down and says "DeWitt , Xander DeWitt" , " Oh " I chuckle lightly , why is he making me nervous ? I nodd and walk away as quickly as these heeled boots would allow me to .

I head back to my evidence board and I scrabble some notes down as I connect some dots on the boards . I can't see where the peg is and accidentally prick my thumb "Ouch ! " I shake my hand a little droplet of blood forming . I put my thumb in my mouth to ease the pain . A unnecessary thought pops up in my head and I shake my head in denial . " I  didn't realise you still suck your thumb Clara " . I jump startled and actually led out a squeak , luckily it's just Aaron . I sigh from relief , Aaron laughs and I frown until I can't hold back my laughter . We both laugh for a moment until he talks " I was going to invite you to come on patrol with me as my bodygaurd but since you're still sucking your thumb- "

" Aaron ! I wast sucking my thumb ! I accidentally pricked my finger with a thumb tack "

He shushed me by putting a finger my mouth and I bit it . "Ow ! " he cried out , I cocked my eyebrow quite impressed by my own tactic . "That's what you get " I say playfully . He then grabs my bun "Ow , ow , ow " I cry out while laughing .

" Tell me who's the boss here Clara ? " he asks still pinching my hair " Its you Aaron you are the best big brother and most handsome boss too " he mocks in a high pitched voice "Say it or your not coming with me " .
I roll my eyes " You're  the best big brother " I say in a annoyed voice " And " he asks mischievously " Your the most handsome boss too "
"Good" he says letting go . I pull myself together and head toward the exit of my office and hit the wall . You could actually head the thunk . Aaron laughs clearly amused by my clumsiness but I could have sworn the door was right there . He struts toward me and rubs my forehead with his palm " You okay ? " he asks concerned . " Mhm " I reply

I changed into my military uniform that I haven't worn in ages . It looks like the standard uniform except for the camo print and olive , since the Reistablishment took over they changed the military uniforms to navy . I put on a long sleeved navy top cargo pants with holsters on the side . I put on my jacket over it . I felt so proud seeing my military mementos and my name etched in white ' C . Warner '.  I make sure my hair looks neat in uniform .

Aaron POV:

Clara and I walk side by side through the compounds . We see children running around and I admire their cheerfulness and excitement . Clara walking in the distance heavily armed is being admired by a little girl , parents watching nervously in the distance . I see her take her helmet off crouch down and softly smile at the girl . She engages a conversation with the girl . She looks like a smaller version of Clara brave but scared . Clara pulls something colourful out of her pocket and hands it to the girl she indicates to the girl to keep it a secret by putting her finger over her mouth . Clara and the girl laugh as she fist bumps her but the girl unexpectedly jumps to hug Clara . I can see she is caught by suprise but she quickly relaxes and hugs her back . She breaks the hug , gets back to her feet and salute them before she awkwardly patters to me . I nodd in the parents direction as Clara and I turn around and walk away.