Chapter 50: Mocking the White Lotus

Zhang Yiru calmly asked, "What do you think?" Next to him, Wang Min and the others pushed Fang Yuqing, urging her to get to the point. Fang Yuqing sniffled and tearfully said, "Zhang Yiru, Zhou Peng and the others have been shot by you, and they are seriously injured. There are no medicines at home, and they'll die from infection."

"You bought a lot of medicine before, right? Please lend us some medication."

"I... I promise we won't bother you in the future!"

Zhang Yiru's hands paused while cooking, bewildered by Fang Yuqing's illogical reasoning. "Fang Yuqing, do you know why I used rusty arrows to shoot them?"

"I want them to suffer from infection and die painfully. That's my goal!"

"Why would you come to me for medicine? Is your brain malfunctioning?"

Zhang Yiru scolded with a mocking smile.

Did Fang Yuqing and the others not understand this? But now, if they didn't shamelessly ask Zhang Yiru for help, they would have to watch their companions die.

Wang Min and others, especially the three men, represented their hope for survival.

Fang Yuqing cried, "Zhang Yiru, we were wrong. Please spare them this time. We promise never to trouble you again."

"And in such difficult times, we should help each other. Can't you be more compassionate? Will you be happy only when they die?"

Before Fang Yuqing could finish, Zhang Yiru interrupted coldly, "Yes, I am happy now."

Fang Yuqing's words were choked, not knowing how to respond.

Wang Min hurried over to Zhang Yiru, introducing herself, "Zhang Yiru, I'm Wang Min. Do you remember? I invited you to dinner before!"

Zhang Yiru rolled his eyes. Wang Min had asked him for help to get goods at a low price from the warehouse. After treating her to a meal, he had helped her earn quite a bit.

"Do you think talking about this is interesting?" Zhang Yiru asked with a cold laugh.

Wang Min swallowed hard, hearing Zhou Peng's miserable screams from the living room.

Zhang Yiru, upon hearing it, was pleased; he wished he could see their miserable condition.

Wang Min said, "Zhang Yiru, in the current chaotic situation and with Chen Zhenghao causing harm, leaving a way out for others might be useful in the future."

"If you provide us with medicine this time, I, Wang Min, will remember your kindness and repay you in the future."

Zhang Yiru disdainfully said, "Kindness? Do you think I'm an idiot?"

"All those guys were injured by me, and one person died here at my doorstep."

"No matter what I do, this grudge will never end. Help you, and wait for you to retaliate against me in the future? It's a joke!"

Wang Min wanted to explain, "We are not that kind of people!"

"Stop talking! It's really boring."

Zhang Yiru clicked his tongue twice. "Whether you are that kind of people or not is not important to me. What matters is that I don't believe you are, so I won't save you."

Faced with those who wanted to harm him, Zhang Yiru wouldn't waver. No matter how they sweet-talked, he wouldn't be swayed.

Seeing Zhang Yiru unmoved, the group became anxious.

Wang Min, in frustration, said, "Zhang Yiru, don't push us too far! If you insist on letting us die, we don't know what we might do!"

Facing Wang Min's threat, Zhang Yiru laughed disdainfully, "You've done everything you can already. If you had the ability, you would have broken into my house, killed me, and taken everything from me."

"I'm not scared. This trick won't work on me."

Fang Yuqing snatched the phone and tearfully said to Zhang Yiru, "Zhang Yiru, must we come to this point? We used to be so good together."

"Why can't we give up our preconceptions and start anew? Actually, I've always had you in my heart!"

At this moment, in the next room, Zhou Peng was undergoing surgery, biting a towel.

Hearing this, his eyes widened, and his screams intensified.

Facing this green tea woman, Zhang Yiru couldn't help but admire her shamelessness. In this environment, he was equivalent to a tycoon. The skills of gold diggers pursuing a wealthy man were top-notch.

Suddenly, an evil thought arose in Zhang Yiru's mind. He knew others were nearby, and Zhou Peng could hear their conversation.

So, he deliberately said, "Ah, Yuqing, I actually have feelings for you. It's just that you hurt me deeply before, making it hard for me to let go."

This sentence was like a match, igniting the dawn of hope for Fang Yuqing.

Disregarding the angry glares from those around her, she excitedly said, "Zhang Yiru, I knew you wouldn't stop loving me!"

"You are the one that Yuqing likes the most. The things that happened before were just a test. Hey, you wooden block, how can't you understand someone's feelings?"

The people around couldn't stand it, but they thought if Fang Yuqing could hook up with Zhang Yiru, they might benefit, so they remained silent.

"Zhang Yiru, let Yuqing move into your house! In the future, Yuqing will be your woman. Whatever you want her to do, she will listen to you. Okay?"

Zhang Yiru smiled faintly. "Sure."

Fang Yuqing jumped up in excitement, more thrilled than drinking soy milk.

Lin Caining eagerly said, "Take me with you, take me!"

Fang Yuqing gave her a cold glance, coldly laughing in her heart.

Zhang Yiru's clear voice came from the phone again.

"However, Yuqing, I only love you. So, I can only accept you. As for those unscrupulous people, keep your distance from them. In this difficult environment, let's not have a group of people coming to drag us down. What do you think?"

This statement made everyone present change their expressions.

Originally, they hoped that after Fang Yuqing hooked up with Zhang Yiru, they could bask in the reflected glory.

But listening to Zhang Yiru, did it mean he wanted to cut ties with them?

Fang Yuqing, thrilled, didn't care about the others. She nodded vigorously, agreeing, "Okay, okay, everything is up to you, brother! Yuqing will listen to you!"

"You come over now. Don't mind the others."

"Okay, I'll come right away. Brother, wait for me!"

Overjoyed, Fang Yuqing ran towards the door, not caring about the others.

Wang Min and the others were furious.

Seeing that Fang Yuqing was about to abandon them and go to Zhang Yiru, Lin Caining reached out and grabbed her.

Fang Yuqing turned around, her expression twisted, roaring, "Get out of my way! Don't stop me from going to Zhang Yiru's house. I've had enough of this life!"

As soon as she finished speaking, Wang Min's heavy slap struck her face.

"You shameless bitch! You've made us so miserable, and now you want to run away. There's no door for you!"