Chapter 122: We All Have a Bright Future

The rat poison from the veterinary store was a best-selling product, so there was a considerable stockpile. Quickly, Zhang Yi found two boxes, totaling over thirty bottles of rat poison.

"With this quantity, it should be enough to poison three hundred people, right? Even if it doesn't kill them, at least it will cause organ failure, and without treatment, death is inevitable."

Zhang Yi looked at the small bottles in his hand, a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

They asked Zhang Yi to help collect food, right? No problem. If they're not afraid of death, Zhang Yi has nothing to say. All he can do is thank them for trusting him.

However, poisoning them shouldn't be rushed, especially in the first few attempts. They would undoubtedly be cautious, making others try first. But can they be cautious every time? Zhang Yi doubted it, especially now with the shortage of food.

The onset time of rat poison is between 10 to 30 minutes, a detail he made sure to check. Even if they use people as guinea pigs, not everyone understands the specifics.

"Find the right opportunity, poison them all – that's the best outcome."

Zhang Yi smiled and stored the rat poison in his dimensional space.

With the rat poison sorted, Zhang Yi didn't rush back. After all, he had to act as if he had struggled to find 300 portions of food.

Exiting the veterinary store, Zhang Yi looked around. Most of the surrounding shops sold cheap clothes and underwear.

Suddenly, an idea popped into his mind.

"I don't need clothes, but fuel is something I could use. Most of these clothes are made of synthetic fibers, burning them would be harmful to the body, and the smoke would be thick and black."

"Hehe, when the time comes, dealing with those fish that refuse to come out of the building will be effective!"

With this idea, Zhang Yi clapped his hands in excitement, feeling like a genius at destruction.

Oh? It seems every boy is a genius at destruction from a young age!

And just thinking about openly setting a big fire without anyone stopping him, he unexpectedly began to look forward to it!

"Who isn't a little rascal, hehe!"

Zhang Yi decided to act and used his dimensional space to collect all the miscellaneous clothes.

In no time, the clothes from dozens of stores were inside his space. He didn't need too much; as long as the fuel was enough, why take so much?

Inside were many cheap women's underwear and panties; if he kept them, he'd feel like a pervert.

When the time was right, Zhang Yi went to Wanda Plaza in the development zone again.

The Yonghui Supermarket below was large, and getting 300 portions of food was simple.

It looked like maintaining this amount for a couple of months wouldn't be a problem. After all, he was only responsible for basic survival food, not making them eat their fill.

Zhang Yi used a snake-skin bag to pack the junk food, then dismantled two pieces of iron and tied them to the back of his snowmobile.

This way, he made a simple sled.

After finishing all this, Zhang Yi rode back to Yue Lu Community.

It was around 5 PM now, and the sky had darkened. There were no longer any figures in the neighborhood.

The time they could spend working outside was limited, not possible for a whole day.

Zhang Yi carefully took out his gun, clicked the safety, and then walked over for observation.

Many pits were dug in the snow, and the snow was piled up on the outskirts.

Zhang Yi estimated that with this amount of work, they would need at least two to three hours.

"Almost done. With the lack of clothing and food, their physical exertion must be considerable after working for so long."

"I really want to see how they feel after working hard all day, only to find out that the promised food is not in their hands."

Zhang Yi's tone was cold, as if he was talking about something unrelated to himself.

He took out his phone from his pocket and contacted Uncle You, Jiang Lei, and Li Chengbin to bring people over.

Soon, Uncle You and the others came out with weapons.

Seeing Zhang Yi actually bringing back a lot of food, Jiang Lei and the others were surprised.

"Zhang Yi, where did you get so much food?"

Their eyes were full of suspicion.

Zhang Yi used to bring back about thirty portions of food for them every day.

Unexpectedly, this time he managed to get ten times the amount!

This made them feel a bit unbalanced, thinking that Zhang Yi was intentionally keeping them hungry.

Zhang Yi, holding the phone, explained casually while notifying the floor leaders to send people over to collect food.

"This time, I deliberately went a bit farther. The city is big, and the farther you go, the more dangerous it becomes. I didn't want to go there before, but the situation is special, and I had to check."

After all, it was dangerous to leave the house in such cold weather. The farther you go, the more dangerous it becomes.

Some neighbors nodded, saying, "That makes sense; Zhang Yi goes out every day to find food, which is very risky."

"I also think so. If the car breaks down, it would be bad!"

Li Chengbin looked at Zhang Yi, slightly furrowing his brows, clearly not fully believing Zhang Yi's explanation. However, he didn't say anything, just silently holding his weapon on the side.

In no time, people from other buildings arrived.

However, among the arrivals, none were the floor leaders of each building. They were only the people they sent.

Zhang Yi sneered inwardly. These guys are cautious enough, afraid of being tricked by him.

Zhang Yi didn't waste time on idle talk. "Starting from the first building, come forward to collect food!"

He took out a dagger, tore open the snake-skin bag, and inside were portions of food neatly packed in large plastic bags. One bag was enough for ten people.

Bending down, Zhang Yi picked up a bag and threw it onto the snow about two to three meters away for them to pick up.

Without much ado, those people picked up the things and left.

Soon, the supplies were distributed.

Zhang Yi asked the people from Building 25 to gather in the corridor and distributed the supplies to them. Everyone's faces finally showed joyful expressions.

After distributing the food, Zhang Yi's expression was even more gentle than usual. He smiled and said to everyone, "From now on, you don't have to be so nervous. Although you can't give up your weapons, everyone has seen the dawn."

"We all have a bright future."

Neighbors looked at each other, and their excitement was beyond words.

If it really could be like that, even if they had to work every day, they wouldn't complain.

Zhang Yi clapped his hands with a smile. "Okay, everyone, go back quickly! We still have work to do tomorrow."

Everyone obediently returned to their homes.

This night, for the first time, they could relax a bit and enjoy a good meal.