Chapter 178: Love is a Malady

On that night, Zhang Yi slept in Zhou Ke'er's room.
In dealing with these two women, he needed to tread carefully, maintaining a delicate balance.All things exist within equilibrium.Zhou Ke'er leaned against Zhang Yi's chest, looking at him with expectant eyes."Zhang Yi, do you love me more, or do you love her more?"Zhang Yi smiled and gently patted her head."Silly girl, of course, the one I love more is you! How can she compare to you?""You are my precious nurse-pastor. She's just an actress, and our interactions are just a show.""But I see you two like a soap opera.""Foolish girl, don't overthink it. How could you doubt your place in my heart?"These words were not entirely a lie.From an attribute perspective, Zhou Ke'er was obviously more valuable than Yang Mi.Yang Mi's only advantage was her skillfulness and the celebrity halo she carried.Upon hearing Zhang Yi's words, Zhou Ke'er smiled happily, hugging him tightly. "I knew you love me the most!"Watching the posture of Zhou Ke'er in his arms, Zhang Yi just smiled faintly.Love?Zhang Yi shook his head, not holding much regard for this emotion.He thought to himself, "I don't need love, and I don't have time for romance. I am a man, and sometimes I need a woman. But once my desires are satisfied, I'm ready to do other things. Women, apart from talking about love, don't have much else to offer. That's why they attach so much importance to love, to a laughable extent. They even want to convince us that a person's entire life is all about love. In reality, love is an insignificant part of life. I only understand desire. That's normal and healthy. Love is a disease."...In the following days, Zhang Yi kept observing the relationship between Zhou Ke'er and Yang Mi.To intensify the conflict between them, Zhang Yi deliberately got close to Yang Mi in situations where Zhou Ke'er could see them.In the living room, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, on the toilet...He even brought Zhou Ke'er's clothes over for Yang Mi to wear or took her to Zhou Ke'er's room.Zhou Ke'er dared not complain to Zhang Yi.But this jealousy fueled her deeper animosity towards Yang Mi.As for Yang Mi?She suffered unjustly, and combined with her guilt towards Zhou Ke'er, she could only do more work obediently.After all, she could empathize with the pain that her current actions caused Zhou Ke'er.As the instigator, Zhang Yi was happy to see this situation.Firstly, he knew that Yang Mi still had some arrogance as a big star. Using Zhou Ke'er, he could suppress the last bit of arrogance in her heart.Secondly, he didn't have to worry about the two women joining forces to cause trouble for him.With a harmonious family, life naturally became enjoyable.Leaving the Yue Lu community, there were no troublesome neighbors around.He stayed home every day, either exercising with the two women, playing cards or games with them.Zhou Ke'er developed a keen interest in video games.Often, she could be seen sitting on the couch in her underwear, legs crossed, engaged in intense battles with Zhang Yi.The strange individuals from Xu Jia Town encountered before had not reappeared.Presumably, they knew that Zhang Yi was not to be messed with and dared not cross any boundaries again.After all, that time, Zhang Yi almost sniped that guy across the river!The three of them led a comfortable and pleasant life.Due to her guilt, Yang Mi took on most of the household chores.Zhou Ke'er didn't stand on ceremony with her.For Zhang Yi, this arrangement was the best.After all, Zhou Ke'er was more useful to him, and in case anyone fell ill, the importance of having a doctor around would be understood.However, during their interactions, Zhang Yi discovered that Yang Mi was not just a decorative vase.She had high standards for the quality of life.Besides cooking delicious meals, she surprisingly knew how to care for flowers and plants.She transformed the half-abandoned botanical garden into a vibrant and lively place.Zhang Yi brought some vegetable and plant seeds from the alternate dimension for her, entrusting her with the management of both the farmland and the botanical garden.Yang Mi enjoyed it, finally finding something she could do.As for Zhang Yi, during his leisure time, he would come to the underground area.Every day, he would insist on doing two things: using the supercomputer to gather information from around the world and exercising his supernatural abilities on the sports field.Zhang Yi originally thought that this kind of life would continue indefinitely.The three of them in this impregnable refuge, free from worries of hunger and cold, could stay until the end of the apocalypse.But suddenly, one day, a phone call shattered this tranquility.Just as Zhang Yi was on the second underground floor, honing his precise shooting skills with a compound bow, the phone in his pocket rang abruptly.Zhang Yi furrowed his brows.Because the ringtone wasn't for a voice call but for a dial-up.This was highly unusual.Over the years, apart from calls from 10086 and scam calls, he hardly received calls from acquaintances.Contacts were usually made through more convenient voice calls.But now, in the midst of the apocalypse, there was neither 10086 nor scam calls.So where did this ringtone come from?Zhang Yi curiously took out his phone and saw a very unfamiliar number.No notes, obviously not someone he knew.Zhang Yi was puzzled, but in the apocalypse, he instinctively maintained a sense of crisis.Unfriendly visitor!After thinking for a moment, Zhang Yi hung up the call.Unexpectedly, that call came again soon."So urgent? Could it be that someone I know is still alive and can only contact me through a phone call?"Zhang Yi shook his head.Setting aside the low probability of this happening, even if it were someone from the past, he didn't want to get involved.Zhang Yi hung up the phone again, and then blocked that person's number.But just as he was about to put the phone back in his pocket, the call rang again.The same number as before!Zhang Yi was truly shocked.Didn't he just block it? Why could the other party still call?Zhang Yi swallowed saliva, realizing that things were starting to take a bizarre turn.Four words flashed in his mind.Don't answer!Don't answer!Don't answer!Zhang Yi took a deep breath, hung up the call again, and blocked it once more."It's probably a mistake in the operation just now, so the blocking failed. It can't be that mystical!"Zhang Yi muttered to himself.This time, he watched the number enter the blacklist with his own eyes.Then, he stared at the phone screen intently.If, this time, the call still came through, it would truly be inexplicable!And the reality did not disappoint him.After a few seconds, the phone rang again.The same number as before.