abu dhabi

d e l i c a t e

d e l i c a t e

˜"*°•.˜"*°•.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

check the pulse and come back swearing it's the
same, after three months in the grave

.҉     .҉     .҉

"MAX VERSTAPPEN, FOR THE THIRD TIME, YOU ARE THE CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!"

"So, how do I look?" I ask, stepping out from the hotel bathroom. Nora, my only friend on this side of the planet, is lying on our double bed in the middle of the room. She's been ready to go for the last hour, but I'm yet to find one outfit that we both agree on. I spin, showing off the back of the floral dress I'm wearing.

"Amish prostitute," She answers in two words that should never go together. "We're going to a nightclub, not The Little Whorehouse on the Prairie."

I let out a long, exasperated groan. "I didn't pack any nightclub clothes." Not that I own much regardless. Any time I've gone out, I've gone out wearing her or Keeley's clothes.

"Right," she groans as she gets up and searches through my suitcase. "I forgot how boring you've gotten."

"Excuse me!" I push her to the side, "those are my things. C'est privé."

She continues to ruffle through them regardless, plucking out random bits of clothing here. She pushes me back with elbows and knees.

"Sors de mon sac, connasse!"

"Blah, blah, blah," she mutters, "I cannot hear you, Juni, I am not—" my tiniest black dress falls from the bag to the bed. "Oh mon dieu," she puts a hand sarcastically on her heart. "What is this, Juni? You dirty little salope."

"That is just—it's just for me," I answer, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Seulement pour moi."

"Well, tonight it's going to be pour tout le monde," she grins, throwing the dress at me. Her French is horrible and she knows it.

"Nora," I try, but she shakes her head.
"With Jack being..." Nora pauses, taking my hand and guiding me to sit on the bed with her, "Jack, shall I say, you deserve to dress up all sexy and flaunt your little ass all over the place!" She gingerly brushes my bangs out of my eyes. "Jack may be famous or whatever, but you're younger and you're hotter. You better believe if I liked girls I would kiss you right here."

I laugh a little and touch my hands to my face. They're cold, and my cheeks are hot and flushed like I might cry. Jack is somewhere between my ex and my current boyfriend. He and I go through rough patches every other week, usually they're my fault, I show up late to his parties, I wear the wrong thing, I don't smile at his fans, I smile too much—he can be a bit controlling, at times, but I've learned to accept that because I know he still loves me at the end of the day. 

My phone vibrates on the bed beside Nora, she sees the message before me and pushes it away.

"Is it him?" I ask.

"It's nothing good," she answers, putting her hands on my face. "Now go get slutty, babes, I will be sitting here waiting."

In the bathroom I fan myself to keep me from crying. I love Jack, and I understand why he's mad, but sometimes I wish he'd break up with me cleanly rather than whatever it is he's been doing these past few months. It's exhausting. I never have time for anyone else because I'm always trying to pick up the pieces Jack keeps forcing out of my hands.

"You almost ready?" Nora calls in, I hear her heels click on the wooden floor as she walks up to the bathroom door.
"No, my boobs—"
"I'm coming in," she interrupts, completely unbothered by my bare chest. She mutters something about being women as she fixes my dress, adjusts my straps and zips up the back for me.

"God, you are so fit," she says, taking a step back to look at me.

A little giggle escapes me before I can stop it. Nora sits me down on the edge of the bath while she roots through her makeup bag, and before I can protest, she's kneeling in front of me, doing my eyeliner. She instructs me to open and close my eyes, look certain directions, then she does my lips for me.

"You are so pretty, babes," she says when she's finished. "I absolutely hate and despise Jack and would put a hit on his head in a heartbeat. Please, please, please don't go back to him this time." She takes both of my hands in hers and rubs her thumbs over my knuckles. "You deserve so much better than him, he's a slimy, cheating, French—no offence—asshole, and I don't care how many Oscar and Grammy nominations he has, you deserve better. Don't go back."

"I won't," I smile.

"Does that mean we can go on the hunt for men together?"

"No," I answer, standing up and adjusting my dress.

"What about hookups?" She asks as I help her up, shaking my head. "Not even with any of the cute little drivers? The little English fella?"

"Nora please don't sleep with any F1 drivers tonight."

She gives my ass a slap as she walks past. "No promises, babes."

˜"*°•.˜"*°•.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

i literally despise her "bf" jack sm hes gonna get worse n bcome a bigger problem just you wait babes!! but first real chapter down, don't know how to feel yet.
anyway prepare for so many more t swizzle opening lyrics bcuz i mean this fic is literally named after one of her songs how could i not do more tay tay

<m3