miami gp

d e l i c a t e

d e l i c a t e

˜"*°•.˜"*°•.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

i lived like an island, punished
you with silence, went off like sirens,
just crying, why'd i have to break

.҉    .҉    .҉

I DECIDED TO skip watching the practices on Friday, and instead Nora and I watched all five Step Up movies. Keeley and Elle were both disgusted and simultaneously impressed at our laziness. I think the only reason I was getting away with doing nothing was because I promised to bounce back in time for my birthday next week, so they wanted to leave me undisturbed so I kept my promise.

instagram

jhpriv uploaded a story

˜"*°•.•°*"˜

THOUGH I HAD managed to narrowly avoid photographers and journalists all day Saturday, I was feeling less confident about today. Sunday was always the busiest, well it was when the actual race took place, so that made sense.

All I had to do was get into the paddock, avoid Charles, avoid photographers, avoid fans, and hide in the Red Bull garage. Should be moderately easy, given how many times I've had to do things like this.

"June!" I don't have to turn because know his voice, I know it's Charles; what I don't know is why he's calling for me while we're so out in the open. I think of Jack and all his tests, and assume this is Charles testing me. I have my headphones on—I'm not listening to music but that's besides the point—so I walk on like I didn't hear him. I hope that was what he wanted of me.

I hide from Charles in Max's room. He doesn't stay in his own room for long, making quick visits to say hello, catch up a little. I tell him briefly about the situation with Charles, knowing he's seen the Instagram posts, anyway, and he teases me about it like we're twelve. Then there's an hour until the race and I leave to give him privacy to prepare. My dad would kill me if I hindered his performance in any way. Max was starting in P3, anyway. I hadn't paid much attention to the quali races apart from that. Well, I also knew Charles was starting in P10.