monaco qualifying

d e l i c a t e

d e l i c a t e

˜"*°•.˜"*°•.•°*"˜.•°*"˜

we never saw it coming,

not trying to fall in lovebut we did like children running.

.҉    .҉    .҉

"And it's Charles Leclerc with two purple sectors putting him on provisional pole! It looks like the Monegasque driver is going to be starting from pole for his home race!"

Pascale had grabbed onto my forearm as Charles—sandwiched between five or six other cars—manoeuvred through the iconic Monaco hairpin and hadn't let go since. There was still a bit left in the qualifying session, enough time for someone to take pole position out from underneath Charles.

"And Verstappen with an even faster lap time! He's now ahead of Leclerc by two tenths of a second!"

I put my hand on top of Pascale's and try to imagine what could be going on in my dad's head right now as the camera pans to him in the Red Bull garage a few doors down.

"Leclerc is going for another lap! He's gone purple in Sector 1."

Pascale grips my forearm even tighter, then in a quick movement she flips her hand around to grab mine so she wouldn't hurt me.

"Still, he can't beat Verstappen's time in Sector 2, but will he be able to come out and take that pole position from reigning champion Max Verstappen?"

Pascale has an iron grip on my hand now, I can feel her anxiety as she watches how her son weaves his way around the track at top speed.

"Max won the Grand Prix and was on pole last year if you remember but it looks like—it's Charles Leclerc on pole! With the fastest lap time we've ever seen here on the streets of Monaco!"

Pascale grabs my arm and starts to shake me with excitement, I match her energy immediately and the two of us jump up with the energy of two teenagers. Arthur had been watching silently beside us the entire time and was quick to join in on our mini-celebration. Pascale hugged Arthur and I, planting a kiss on the top of our heads.

"And the fans are absolutely ecstatic! You can see the tifosi in the crowd celebrating, and the people of Monaco too, with the success of Leclerc at his home track."

The camera pans to the crowds of people celebrating Charles, and then to us.

"There's the family of Charles Leclerc," Crofty says with a little laugh. I was still sandwiched between Arthur and Pascale. "June Horner's in there too. They all seem very happy with the result."