~Prologue~

---Klea---

"30 minutes left" The teacher said loudly. Her voice echoing around the whole room.

I took one last look at the papers with my answers. Oh no. I got pale as I realized I didn't do a whole exercise. Come on, Klea, you can do it! I motivated myself as I picked up the pencil and started writing as fast as I could. This was my key for the entrance of my dream university. I had to do my best!

"Miss Carpenter, the time is almost over. You better turn it in before it's too late" The teacher warned me. My whole body was trembling from fear. I stood up and walked slowly to her desk as I was checking out my papers again and again.

"There goes nothing..." I whispered under my breath as I turned my papers in.

My eyes closed and I took a deep breath as I tried to calm myself down since everything was over. I walked back to my desk and put my pencil inside the transperent case. As I packed my things, my eyes filled with tears, not from sadness, but from relief. Quickly wiping them away, I swung my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the classroom with a quiet "Goodbye".

The first thing I wanted to do was to get coffee and sit on a bench in the nearby park, but I was so tired that I didn't even have the powers to breathe.

I somehow managed to drag myself to the coffee shop. "One espresso, please" I ordered as I was taking a look at the sweets that were beside the checkout. "How much is that cupcake?" I asked drained as I was trying to see where is its sticker.

"Klee, something happened?" A familiar voice came from the barista. I lifted my head up. "Oh, Kate, I didn't realize that was you... Nothing has happened. Technically..."

"Technically?" Kate's eyebrow was raised. She handed me the espresso and the cupcake.

"Well, today was the Big day, you know. Those questions were so hard... I hope I did well. If not, I would pass out." I joked with her. "So, how much for everything?" I pulled out my wallet from my bag.

"12 dollars, cutie" She typed it in the laptop and gave me the receipt as I handed her a 20 dollars. "I am sure you did great, dont worry about it. Go take some rest and don't think about it." She gave me my change.

"Thanks, that's what I will probably do" I said as I took my cupcake and espresso in my right hand. "See ya! Have a nice day!" I smilled and waved at Kate as I stepped out of the coffee shop.

I could smell the scent of the espresso from far away. Ahh, it smells so refreshing. I took one big sip of it on my way home.

Step after step... click... a light came to my left side. I took a look around who the... "HEY!" I shouted as I saw a boy holding a camera. He looked 2 or 3 years older than me. Dark brown hair with I suppose bleached front strands. He wore a black turtleneck shirt, tan pants and dark brown coat. I liked the way he was dressed. Guess he wasn't local.

"Come here-" I stepped towards him, but before I could even get closer, he ran away. Who was he and why would he want to have a picture of me...

I was so drained that I didn't even budge to chase after him. Whatever, it's just a picture

***

"Honey, wake up" My mom shook my shoulders "Mooom, leave me alone, I wanna sleep" I tossed to the other side of my bed.

"Honey, the letter you have been waiting for this whole time just arrived!!" My mom said happily "Wake up before we open it without you"

My eyes flew wide open "WHAT?" I quickly jumped from my bed and put on my slippers.

We ran down the stairs and... there it is, the letter that contains my future. I hesitantly stepped forward. Sitting on the couch, I took the letter from the table. Sigh... I tugged the end of the tape that closed the letter...
"Three... two... one..." I pulled the end up... OH GOD

"YEESSSS!!!" I shouted as I ran towards my mother with opened arms. Pulling her in a tight embrace, tears started to fall down my cheeks. My brother wrapped his hands around both of us and squeezed hard. "Congratulations, sis! I told you you can make it!!"

After I calmed down, I took my phone and started texting all of my friends- David, Jake, Kate...

"CONGRAAATS!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU, CUTIEEE" Kate replied. I knew she was so happy for me. I loved that girl. I will have to leave her soon tho...

"CONGRATS, LITTLE ONE!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU HERE!! Did your parents let you come? When are you coming??" It was clear David was so excited for me. I quickly replied to his questions when Jake's message popped on the top of my screen.

"Congratulations, Klee" ...Only that?... Why was he so cold? Is he mad at me? Did something happen?

•─────────✦❀✦────────•

Thank you so much for reading <3 Don't forget to vote!
This is my first attempt to write a story, hope you like it!
Also, English is not my first language, so I hope I haven't made many mistakes. If you find some, feel free to correct me!

Instagram: @samemersonalt
@samemerson.author