~1~

Warning: contains smoking!

---Klea---

There we are... Los Angeles. "Ah, it's so beautiful"

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it. Still no messages from Jake. What was wrong with him... he is so distant since he understood that I got into my dream university.

I shook my head to stop myself from thinking further. I took a look around... Oh, there he is Handsome, 6'2" tall, with light brown hair, sharp jawline, freckles and green eyes, David was staring at his phone, leaned on the door of the driver's seat of his car. I carefully sneaked behind him "Psst" I tapped his shoulder "Dave" I whispered in his ear.

David turned around and his eyes widened "Kleeeee!!" He hugged me tight "I missed you so muchhhh!"

"You will lose me if you don't loose this embrace up" I said almost out of breath. He was so strong, his biceps almost the size of my head. "Oh, sorry" He let go of me embarassed and I took a few deep breaths. When I looked back up I saw a few tears forming in his eyes while he was looking at me with a heart-melting smile "Awh, don't cryy" I wrapped my hands around him and gently caressed his back. "It's just me, nothing special"

"Nothing special?? I am finally seeing my best friend after 2 years being separated from her and you are saying that it's not special??" David said through tears and placed a light kiss on my forehead. He was so tall that the only thing I could kiss in return was his chest. Imma pass

"Fine, it might be special, but you don't have to cry about it. I am here so that's the important thing." I tried to calm him down. "Take this" I pulled out a tissue from my pocket "Wipe your tears" He took it and wiped his tears away, then put it in his own pocket.

After he took a second to calm down "Well, where do you want to go? Directly at the campus or?" He took my luggage and put it in the trunk of the car. "Those flights were so draining that I would prefer to fall straight on the floor and sleep all day, but my stomach is dying, so let's go to eat something small first" I suggested.

"As you say, little one" He teased me "Didn't we agree you'll stop calling me that?" I said annoyed "Yeah, when you are 20 years old, but now you are still 19, so... Let me use it while I still can" He messed my hair up "Smartass" I mumbled under my breath, fixing my hair. He opened the passenger seat door for me "Thanks" We both sat in the car and he started the engine.

After a few moments of silence, Dave decided to break it. "So, how was life back in Luton?" he asked "Boring if I have to be honest. Since Kate graduated, school started feeling so different- I didn't have anyone to talk to most of the time, people were just using me to give them my homework and help them with their exams... average life of the smart students, you know"

"Actually, I don't. I have never witnessed this kind of 'the smart student' life, I have always been more of a popular person, not smart." He shrugged his shoulders. "You are both, that's why. Nobody messes with the popular ones. People don't care if you are smart, in fact, they never did. They just care for themselves and how they can use you for their own good..." I was clearly annoyed by this topic. I hate talking about my old school life, it wasn't the best.

"Hey, that's not true. Most of them are like this, but not every single one. Look at us, we ain't like them, right?" He looked at me, trying to change my mind. "Right" I repeated quietly, looking down at my phone.