o n e

With a leap, I kick the sword off his hand making it smoothly slide against the tiled floor of the training room. I flick my sword and aim it straight to his throat pinning him to the wall.

"Alright, alright! You won!" my training coach, Joseph blurts out laughing, his hands in the air in defense.

I pull back with a proud grin plastered across my face and pin my sword to my side.

Joseph walks to his sword and says picking it up "It's your wedding tomorrow but you're still here practicing."

I chuckle as I run my fingers through my long messy braid "Got to do what I got to do." My voice echoes in the massive empty training room.

The tall ceiling to floor glass windows are open inviting the warm breeze of the spring in and I gaze out of the windows out at the view of the water fountain in the palace garden as my mind buries in thoughts.

I'm getting married to him! Finally! My cheeks flush at my own thoughts. The palace is the busiest these days because of the ceremony tomorrow. Little maids are always running here and there decorating every little corner and making sure everything is perfect. I wish I could help out but father won't allow it.

I open my mouth to say something when the door of the training room swings open loudly. The maid, my friend, Bella rushes in "Princess! The prince will soon be here!"

I immediately panic and look down at myself; sweating and wearing dirty training clothes with my hair looking like a crow's nest.

Without a second thought, I sprint out of the training room with Bella and shout over my shoulder "Thank you, Joseph!"

I hear him say "It's a great pleasure, Princess Eraya."

We reach my room in a flash where I find maids already picking dresses and jewelries from my walk-in closest.

I strip off my sweaty clothes and dive into the bathtub that has red rose petals floating in the warm water.

I apply the sweet-scented lotions and soap all over my arms and legs. I don't take much time in the water as I quickly hop out and dry myself.

The maids have carefully laid out a square necked baby blue sleeveless dress on my bed. The dress feels tight on my body and it reaches my knees.

The second I sit in front of the mirror of the golden dressing table, one maid quickly starts untangling my braid and my black curls tickle my waist. She pulls my hair into a half ponytail and ties it with a long white satin bow.

While one maid fixes my hair, one maid takes care of my accessories. She hangs the white pearl choker around my neck. Then she puts on two diamond earrings on my ears while I put on a pearl bracelet.

I notice another maid bending down and sliding my feet into a pair of white heels.

Finally, a maid sprays a sweet perfume all over my body and hair and I'm certain I smell like a flower by now.

I look at myself in the mirror one last time checking for any flaws before heading out with Bella.

I dash to the main balcony; where the Prince, Desmond usually waits for me when he visits.

I stand in front of the door of the balcony. I pull down my dress and throw my hair in place before I set my foot in.

The glass door slowly opens revealing Desmond standing in the massive circular glass balcony, leaning against the railing facing the view of the palace's garden. His coat is tossed on the white couch nearby.

His blonde hair is slicked back, his skin is pale as usual and his green eyes gleam in the morning sunlight. His waist coat is tight on his body and the sleeves of his white shirt is folded up to his elbows.

My heart jumps in excitement at the sight of him. Finally, I notice the big bouquet of pink roses resting on his arm.

He turns around at the sound of the clinking of my heels against the marble floor. His eyes roam on my body and then his eyes finally makes their way to mine "My queen." He speaks in a British accent. His voice; a melody to my ears.

I take careful steps to him and he hands me the bouquet of flowers. I gently caress its pink petals "They're beautiful."

"Not as much as you." He says and I feel myself blushing. I look up to see his eyes still fixed on me.

He takes my hand in his and places a soft kiss on my palm. We look into each other's eyes for a moment and then he speaks "Do you know something, Eraya? I love you. More than anything. I am ready to make endless sacrifices for you. You are not like them. You are an angel. Your smile is enough to light up my entire day."

I continue to stare at him with my eyes wide as I redden. I feel my heart pounding so rapidly.

I love him. I love him more than anything in this entire universe. I love him more than I love myself. I love him more than anyone ever deserves to be loved.

He then takes the flower bouquet from my hands and gently flings it to the couch nearby. Suddenly he takes hold of my waist pulling me closer into him and my back meets the railing. A surprised "oh-" escapes my mouth. My hands grabs his shoulders exactly when he plants a soft peck on my lips.

He pulls back and lock eyes with me. I feel the butterflies in my stomach going crazy. Then he pulls me closer into him once more but for a longer kiss this time and my grip on his shoulders tightens.

His lips immediately touches mine making my toes curl. I throw my hands around his shoulders and I run my fingers through his blonde locks. Our tongues tangle and I feel his hands tracing the curve of my body. His mouth continues to kiss me hungrily over and over again when-

"Princess Eraya-" I hear my best friend, Daliah's voice and she instantly stops mid-sentence when she notices us. We break off our kiss at the sound of her voice.

She bows and winks playfully at me gesturing to Desmond. I giggle quietly.

"The dress, the wedding dress has arrived, Princess Eraya." It sounds weird when she addresses me as 'princess' because she never really says it when there's only the two of us. I have allowed her to.

I share an excited glance with Desmond and he looks as excited as me. Our fingers intertwine as we make our way down the long hallway to the living area where the seamstress waits for us. Maids stop and bow at us when we walk by.

We reach the living area where the frail seamstress stands with her head low next to my sister; Princess Vanya, who's gathered around my dress that is spread across a sleeper chair.

When she spots us, she waves at me and I wave back. She flashes a polite smile at Desmond when she notices him towering next to me. The tailor bows at us.

When we see the dress, all we can say is "Wow."

The tailor timidly murmurs "Your highness, I beg your pardon that it took so long. It needed a lot of time to sew."

"The waiting is definitely worth it." I affirm fascinated running my fingers through the black lace of the dress.

Vanya lifts it up and the dress brushes against the floor. It's a black tulle evening dress. The puffy layers of the dress feels soft beneath my fingers. Two black lace elbow length gloves dangles on the chair.

"It is beautiful." Desmond comments next to me and I nod in agreement.

He softly squeezes my hand and I turn to look up at him. He gazes right into my eyes and whispers "I love you."

My cheeks burn and I whisper back.

"I love you too."