t h r e e

She runs into the room yelling out of breathe. And it makes my whole world fall apart.

"The prince! He's gone! He has ran away!"

My flower bouquet slips from my hands without my knowledge. Everyone, including Vanya gasps. I'm still as a statue with my eyes as wide as saucers.

Suddenly it feels like everything stopped and I start to feel faintish. I grab my sweaty forehead. I feel dizzy and I feel myself collapsing on to the ground.

"Eraya! Eraya!" I hear a nearby familiar voice calling my name but I can't recognize who that is. "Eraya! Eraya!" I hear it again. I look up to see that it's my sister calling.

It becomes hard to keep my eyes open. Through my blurry vision, I see a maid bringing a cup of water and hands it over to Vanya. She sprinkles some water on my face and it brings some sense into me.

Everyone is gathered around me staring down at me with pitiful looks and it makes me feel sick. Vanya grabs my shoulders. "Are you alright?"

I don't reply. Instead I jump onto my feet with such great force, I almost stumble. I lift my dress and dart out of the Great Hall. I hear Vanya calling out to me while coming after me "Eraya, wait!"

Daliah. I need her right now. I need her to hug me and tell me what to do next. I run to the main kitchen where maids usually gather. They are whispering to each other worriedly and timidly.

"Can I know what is actually going on!?" I shout sounding a bit mean than I expected to be.

Everyone parts away when they notice me and everyone bows. Nobody answers my questions. Instead, they share worried glances. I don't like this.

The head maid steps out of the crowd and speaks "Your highness, Maria, another maid said she saw Prince Desmond and another women rushing out of the palace."

My eyes twitch in shock. What? WHAT? No. NO. That can't be possible. Never. He would never do that to me. Right...? I break eye contact with the maid and grab the marble cabinet nearby for support. What in the world is happening?

A pale blonde girl, Maria, I suppose steps out of the crowd. She stammers scared "Y-your highness." She's literally shaking. "I saw a women and Prince Desmond going out of the palace." The exact second she says that, the thunder rumbles in the clouds and it starts raining. Heavily. And I freeze.

Her eyes starts filling up with tears and she collapses. She's wailing. "Please forgive me lady Eraya. Please, please forgive me." Few maids gather around her.

"Eraya..." Vanya. I didn't even notice her. I don't look at her. I don't look at anyone. I stare at the blank space in front of me that is now starting to become blurry.

I don't feel sad. Not even a bit. Everything feels like a lie. Like everyone is lying to me right now. Like everyone is trying to trick me. Maybe I'm dreaming and when I wake up, everything will be better; everything will be back to normal tomorrow morning.

Then I feel...I feel anger. I feel it in my veins, in my bones, in every muscle in my body. I feel every part of my body twisting and turning. A burning sensation is rising in me. I'm shaking because of it.

I don't hear the maids talking to me. I feel my body moving when Vanya shakes my shoulders. My whole body feels hot and I clench my wrists tight. Fucker. You fucking betrayer.

I pull out my sword swiftly and flash it in the air making every little maid gasp. A bolt of lightning strikes and it makes my sword glow.

Then I spin around and run. Out of the palace. As fast as I can. As fast as I have ever ran before.