4. The Truth

When Hunter and his pack members returned to the Mayfield Mansion, he knitted his eyebrows at how he could no longer pick up Riley's scent.

As he found out what had happened from one of the omegas, he was fuming and in disbelief.

He couldn't wait for those tasked with guarding her to return since they had gone after her.

Though Nico tried to calm him down, it was no use.

Hunter hoped they would return with her or he would make them regret it.

As soon as they walked through the large doors and didn't have her, he approached them with a clenched jaw and fists, stretching his neck a few times.

Nico placed his hand on his shoulder to stop him from lashing out, but his hand was pushed away.

As the three of them approached him, with their heads low, his focus was on the one in the middle, who had been mainly tasked with guarding the door.

Most of the time, Hunter was calm, but at that moment, everyone was so scared for the guard because when Hunter was fuming, it usually didn't end well.

"What happened? You had one job to do!" Hunter yelled, getting in the guy's face.

When he attempted to take a step back, Hunter grabbed him by the collar and pinned him against one of the pillars.

The moment the guy tried to get away, Hunter warned him through gritted teeth.

"Stand right where you fucking are!" He growled. "Now, speak!"

The guy gulped before responding. "She was so strong and fast. I couldn't k- Ahh!"

Hunter cut off his words when he hurled him against the wall. As soon as his body landed on the checkered floor, Hunter followed him and grabbed him by the collar, hurling him across the room again and everyone just watched.

"How could you be so careless?"

With everyone staying out of the way, including Nico, Hunter took it out on that one guy, then the other two. Once all three were on the floor, unable to get up, he exhaled deeply, yelling at everyone to get out of his sight.

After everyone else rushed out, the three of them crawled away, groaning.

As he observed them, he then thought about how they might've actually not been able to keep up with Riley, unlike him, who had easily dominated her.

Coming to terms with the fact that she was gone, he sighed with frustration as he paced.

He needed to find her. She was too special.

As his hard breathing echoed across the room, Nico finally decided to speak.

"Dude-"

"Not now," Hunter replied, his tone harsh. "How could they let this happen when Vane-"

"But we're not even completely sure if he knows-"

"It doesn't fucking matter! Riley's out there when she should be here!"

"Alright, but calm down, okay?"

"Shit!" Hunter growled, punching a hole in the wall.

Without saying anything more, he made his way up the stairs, still clenching his fists.

As soon as he saw the extent of the damage Riley had caused to the door, he chuckled, despite his rage. He was impressed because those were no ordinary doors.

Picking up her clothes from the floor, he sat on the bed as he inhaled her scent, instantly calming down. He even touched the bed covers where her scent lingered and he closed his eyes, his thoughts running wild.