20. Exposed

Riley was on top of Hunter in the bathtub, riding him in their fourth round.

Considering the time, they should've already been dressed so they could leave for the annual event, but they wanted to keep going just a little bit longer.

As always, toward their climax, their eyes began to glow and they growled at each other.

After riding out their climax, that was the time she should've gotten off so they could finally wash up and leave the bathtub, but he didn't let her. He held onto her waist tightly and couldn't stop looking at her face with narrowed eyes.

"What is it?" she asked, touching the sides of his face.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" He stroked her chin suspiciously.

Her eyes widened a little when she assumed he somehow found out about Killian but even with that, she needed to be smart and not give out any information.

"Why do you ask? Is there something you feel I'm not telling you?"

"Exactly."

"Like what?"

"You really won't tell me?"

Her heart started racing and he scoffed as he shook his head. She knew at that moment that he figured out she wasn't being honest.

What she didn't know was what he was actually trying to find out from her.

"I know you've been lying to me."

Her heart raced faster, making it more obvious that she was panicking. At that point, she couldn't keep pretending, so she thought of admitting the truth herself.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly as she lowered her gaze, hoping he wouldn't lash out when she would explain what happened.

"Who are you?"

"What?" She was surprised that's what he had been talking about.

"Don't make me repeat myself because you heard me the first time."

"I just wasn't expecting that question. That's all."

"Because you thought you could keep it from me forever? Now tell me the truth about who you really are."

"Before I tell you, what gave it away?"

"It all started after you returned with Marcellina. There was something different in your wolf eyes."

"What are you talking about?"

As far as she was concerned, her wolf eyes were normal. He shook his head in disbelief at her acting, but soon realized she really had no idea.

Wanting to show her, he brought her close to the bathroom mirror, then told her to glow her eyes.

As soon as she did, she noticed how they looked different from before.

"What the hell?" Her forehead creased.

"That's what I've been seeing for the past two days and I thought that maybe there's a chance you're not who you say you are."

Thinking back to how her mother had asked her to never reveal her identity for her own safety, she couldn't lie to Hunter anymore, not when they shared a special bond.

It was for this reason that she decided to tell him the truth but used the mind link so no one else could hear them.

Upon telling him, he held onto her shoulders with a racing heart, worry written all over his face.

"You're Riley Mostyn?"

"Yeah."

"Shit!"