2 ~ Being forced

VIVAAN

Something very irritating was hitting my ears continuously. I paused it once, but then it again started after few seconds.

I finally opened my eyes and picked up the call to silence the fucking irritating voice of my ringtone.

"Kya hai Aniket?", I muttered lazily in my sleep.

[ What happened Aniket?].

"Bhai, I suggest you look at your watch once", I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes to see the time on the watch hanging in front of the room's wall.

10:30! Fuck!

"Shit, I'm so late", I pulled myself lazily up from the bed.

"It's okay, just come here soon. And bhai, I've to take Puja to the gynaecologist, please handle the work behind me", he uttered.

"Fine!", I said and disconnected the call.

I finished my morning routine as soon as possible and became all ready in my black suit.

I stepped downstairs while scrolling on my phone. I sat on the dining table to have my breakfast as soon as possible.

But, it never goes as I wish.

My mother came from behind and sat on the chair placed in front of me.

"Good morning beta", she wished with a smile.

"Good morning", I inhaled a deep breathe inside me.

The breakfast was served on the dining table. I was drinking my cup of tea when my mother interrupted me.

"Beta, Mr. and Mrs. Yadav are coming today to visit us along with their daughter, can you come early today?", she asked.

"No, I've an important work", I replied straightforward.

"Why beta? Please take some time out", I felt so exasperated.

I stood up to leave immediately from my place but my father's voice stopped me.

"Listen and follow what your mother is speaking. Come home early today".

I rolled my eyes back and replied with utter calmness, "I cannot, why are you all hell bent to marry me off so soon?".

He shifted towards the sofa placed in the hall.

"Why don't you get it? Your mother remains sick, I remain sick. It's our wish to see you getting married before we both die", he spoke while sitting down on the sofa.

I had enough of this emotional blackmail now.

"Why didn't you both cared about me when I was a child? Huh? Why? You both used to leave me all alone in the house. Didn't I mattered to you then?", I argued while pushing my fingers in my hair.

"What are you speaking beta? We've always cared about you. That's why we brought you here in Mussoorie from UP ", my mother spoke while sitting beside my father.

"At least I was happy there", I chuckled, "and you both couldn't even see that and brought me here".

"What's done is done Vivaan beta! Now think about the future, please accept our wishes. You're our only son. Please! You have to see after our family business after I pass out", my father spoke.

Family business~

I never wanted to own this family business. I didn't wanted to work under him. This was the reason I opened my own business in partnership with my friend. I never wanted to be like my father.