Part 3

Skip to a couple of days, you have made your choice, Jonathan is aware of it and is doing his best to make it quick. No one in the team knows about the offers. And you're really nervous to tell Bruna. You get back home, you land in a room filled with flowers and candles on the floor. You are a little confused on what's going on right now.

Y/n: Babe? Bruna, are you here?

Suddenly, Bruna gets out from nowhere, well-dressed. You're more confused.

Y/n: Can you tell me what's going on right now?

Bruna: I know, it's quite confusing. I ignored you the last days and now we are here in the middle of the room, doing this.

Y/n: Doing what?

Bruna: Me asking you to marry me.

Y/n: Babe...

Bruna: I love you, Y/n. I loved you since the day we met. I couldn't explain how you make me feel every day, but I want to feel it for the rest of my life. You make me a better woman, for the simple reason that you search for one. I want to build a lifetime with you. So Y/n Maria Jane Beckham, will you marry me?

Y/n: I'm going back in England. Arsenal, Aston Villa and Man United has made offer to Barcelona. I'm gonna play for Arsenal soon.

Bruna: What?

Y/n: I'm sorry, babe.

Bruna: Wait, why you did tell me?

Y/n: Cause I knew that if I would tell you, you would have probably do anything to come with me, sacrificing your career.

Bruna: Yes, cause that's what a couple do, we care for each other, we protect each other...

Y/n: Yes, but we don't live for each other. We should live for our own. I don't want your life to be define according to me. I shouldn't come first, your career should.

Bruna: What does that mean?

Y/n: Maybe, I should go to Arsenal and you stay here to play for Barcelona... Maybe, we should just take a break from each other to clear things in both sides. I pack a bag and I'll go at Jana.

Minutes later, Bruna is sat on the bed watching you packing. She apparently has tears in her eyes watching you leave.

Bruna: Y/n, when are you going back in England?

Y/n: I have my first appointment with Arsenal next Monday.

Bruna: That quick?

Y/n: I'll tell the team tomorrow, and I'll make my goodbyes during the match against the Atletico Madrid. That's what we planned with Jonathan.

Bruna: I can't do anything about your choice? You won't change your mind?

Y/n: I've made my decision.

Bruna: I love you, Y/n.

To that phrase, you stop packing and go hug Bruna.

Y/n: I love you too.

You take your stuff and leave the apartment, leaving Bruna alone on the bed. You get in your car and drive toward Jana's house. It's raining outside. You reach to the front door. You knock.

Jana: Coming! Y/n! Come in.

Jana shares her house with two teammates: Mariona Caldentey and Patricia Guijarro. Your presence is impervious. They can tell something's wrong, you cried.

Patri: You okay?

Y/n: Uhm, not really. Bruna and I, we are taking a break.

Jana: I thought you two were supposed to get married.

Y/n: You knew?

Jana: She asked me for help.

Mariona: Guys, let's sit down, and let her breath.

You all go in the living room to sit on the couch. Jana cuddles you to recomfort you.

Jana: Do you want to tell us what happened?

Y/n: Anyway, you'll find out tomorrow morning at the meeting with Jonathan, so I can tell you now... I'm leaving Barcelona.

Patri: What? Why?

Y/n: I've had offers from three clubs in England. I'll play for Arsenal soon.

Mariona: So what? Bruna got upset about it?

Y/n: She asked me to marry her at the same time. And you know her, if I had told her I leave Spain, she would have at a 100% follow me, without truly caring about what she wants and what is best for her.

Jana: She just loves you.

Y/n: And I love her two, and I know she's happy with me, but she's happier when she got football, Barcelona and the team.

Mariona: You want to break up with her?

Y/n: Maybe, we just some time apart.

Jana cuddles you a little harder, not letting you go. She whispers.

Jana: I don't want you to go.

Y/n: I'll miss you, guys.

Patri: Don't you dare say that. We'll see each other again.

Mariona: She's right, you'll come back to see up, don't you?

Y/n: Of course, I will. Girls, can I stay here tonight?

Patri: For sure

You end up the night with the girls, you go to sleep in the same bed then Jana without doing anything. The next morning, you go the training center with Jana, Mariona and Patri. Jonathan asks for a meeting before training session. You get in the meeting room, you search for Bruna but you can't see her. Jonathan catches you.

Jonathan: Bruna called, she won't be there today, she's apparently sick. Is everything okay with her?

Y/n: I told her about Arsenal, we're taking a break from each other. I guess she didn't want to see me announcing the news.

Jonathan: Okay, I can understand. I'll call her back later.

You go sit next to Jana. Everyone is quite confused of what's going on.

Sandra: Do you guys know what is it about?

Mapi: No idea.

Ingrid: Maybe a new player?

Lucy is observing and realizes Bruna isn't here.

Lucy: Did you see Bruna today? She's not there.

Keira: Maybe the meeting is about her.

Lucy catches an eye contact with you.

Lucy: Y/n? Where's Bruna?

Y/n: You'll understand.