Namjoon's Brain Is Braining

Namjoon was tired. He had been awake since the early hours of the morning, preparing to livestream the Grammys, only for BTS to lose. Then, some random girl shows up seemingly out of no where and everyone begins scrambling to figure out how she got in and who she was.

Oh, and he forgot to mention that she was unconscious when she appeared in the room. Then, when she finally regained consciousness she insisted that the year was 2023. It had been a long day.

Namjoon was tired.

Doctor Baek had found out her full name, which country she came from, her parents' names, that she had two older sisters, what their names were, and that she was 21. He had relayed all this information to their manager, Hoseok, and himself. He also explained that she might've suffered some type of trauma and that is why she believed it was 2023. He then recommended that she have a psychiatric evaluation to figure out if that was the case. 

Their manager and director had wanted to call the police but Jin and Hobi had argued against it. He knew that their staff were looking out for their safety but Namjoon didn't think that this girl was a sasaeng. All he saw was a scared and confused girl who didn't even know what year it was. 

Yet, one moment he was sitting alone on the couch with Jeongguk, then Namjoon blinked and she was suddenly there passed out on Jeongguk's shoulder.

A tiny part of him believed her when she said that she came from 2023 - if only because he couldn't perceive a logical explanation for how she had materialised right before his eyes. Namjoon shook his head as he tried to push that thought to the back of his mind. Unless someone had secretly come up with time travel and kidnapped her to use as their first test subject, there was no way that she could possibly be from the future. 

Thinking about it only made his brain hurt. So, he decided to move on to a more pressing matter. What they were going to do with her. Their manager was still insistent on calling the police but Hobi once again argued that she didn't need to be put through any more trauma at the moment. 

"You saw her, she's terrified!" he said. "This situation needs to be handled delicately."

Sunbaenim scoffed, "And what does that mean?"

"Well for starters, she needs to be treated kindly."

"Who knows how long this girl has been stalking you!"

Namjoon interjected, "I highly doubt she's a sasaeng. She would've reacted a lot differently to being in a room with us."

Hobi pointed towards him as if to say he made a good point. Sunbaenim shook his head.

"I still think this could be a ploy."

"I don't think her throwing up was a ploy," he said.

"She needs to be treated delicately right now. She needs our help," Hobi said. "And, in the meantime, maybe we could use some resources to investigate into who she is."

"And where will she be staying 'in the meantime'?"

As their manager asked this, Namjoon frowned as he thought back to that terrified look in her eye. He remembered having to drag her to the bathroom and felt the cogs in his mind turn. She seemed to trust them, probably because BTS was the only familiar thing to her.

He didn't want her to feel more lost and alone than she already did in a place where she knew nothing and no one. She would feel more comfortable being with someone she recognised. Which is why he found himself offering up something before he could really think it through.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The process of waking up was simple enough. You become aware of the fact that you're lying in your bed and open your eyes to a new day. Except, when she woke up, it was not a new day and she was definitely not in her bed.