Chapter two

Leo is sleeping.

His sweet dreams are infused with the bitter taste of a bad nightmare, it's flavour slowly seeping into the sweet comfort of peaceful sleep..

His life at China was hard. He did 11 different subjects, 23 co-curricular activities and every single orchestral intrument.

He had a challenging upbringing, his father being a top secret government offical meant he didn't see him a lot. His mother was a snobby ceo, flinging with different men every night to get the stocks up. When they were home together it was always about Leo's grades.

Now he's been sent to a school abroad to live with hot boys and girls. (Not Fanny)

When he lets his guard down the memories haunt him.

Being all alone at home with his teddy, doing a grade 7 piano exam at the age of 8.

Then they wont stop, their long shadowy tendrils gripping around his chest, forcing the air out of them.

It gets so bad he wants to cry out, to the family that saw him as nothing more than a grade machine, the friends that never had him as their first choice. The lover, who will never understand what he makes him feel-

"Leo!!" Jake is shaking Leo violently, waking him up.

It's happened again, another nightmare. Leo's hair is messy and unkept, fresh hot salt tears cascaded down his cheeks, each drop leaving a glistening trail in its wake. Like gentle rain upon a pane of glass. Chang is nowhere to be found, likely jerking off in the bathroom.

Jake gets off from his mattress from the floor and switches on the lamp, sits next to Leo on his bed. He gently wipes Leo's tears away, like a mothers soothing touch, one Leo never experienced but craves for.

Jake readjusts Leo and faces him toward him. "Hey, you don't have to carry the weight of the world upon your shoulders.. I'll be here for you." He brushes a strand of hair away from Leo's face. He needs a haircut.

Leo is at a loss for words. Deep within his heart a flame ignites, warming up his insides, lifting his frown upside down! Suddenly it all comes to him, all the English he has learnt. It's at the tip of his tongue, like a loaded gun ready to fire.

"Thank you Jake, Your words mean a lot to me.. YOU mean a lot to me." Leo is shocked at his English but Jake takes no notice.

"Of course." He places one hand on Leo's back, the other on his crossed leg. "Leo.. you.. I can't.. say it.. oh my.. gosh.."

Leo smiles a genuine smile which only Jake can summon. "It's okay, take your time."

Jake takes a deep breath. He's never been nervous for anything, the countless music exams and competitions he has done, so why now? His parents would be disappointed, he's sure of it.

Inhale

Exhale

Here it goes. "Leo, you make me feel things that I've never felt with anyone else. The way you smile at my jokes, the way you look at me.. I really can't contain myself. It's okay if you think I'm weird or a creep but.. I like you. Hours pass like minutes when I'm around you-"

Leo pulls in him.

Jake is shocked but doesn't reject the kiss.

This is his first kiss.

And so is Leo's.

They've had girlfriends in the past, but nothing compares to this. Something so intimate and meaningful.

Jake doesn't want this moment to end.

But good things never last forver.

A rude cough interrupts their private time.

From the corner of the room, the mini fridge by their closet door stood Chang. He just wanted a midnight snack, but the scene was too intense. It reminded him of his ex girlfriend, Casey.

The three boys went to sleep, no chit-chat, straight back to bed.

Leo's mind ran wild, which kept him all night.

~~

Jake couldn't sleep. He's never liked a boy, nevermind kiss one. But he wants that so badly. A desperate longing feeling, yearning for more of Leo. He wants to explore every inch of his body, know him inside out.

He won't stop thinking until

he falls

a s l e e p..