Chapter seven

It is a Saturday, Jake hasn't seen Leo in ages. Well, he has been avoiding him. For the past few days Jake has been camping in the forest behind their boarding house and only went in the dorm when he knew for sure Leo was out.

Right now Leo would be at his aunty Helen's- so who is knocking on the dorm door?

Jake sighs loudly and slides off the bed. "Coming," haha, funny one, Jake.

He opens the door to reveal Dun, one of Fin's close friends. "Oh, Hi." Jakey opens the door wider.

Dun grabs his wrist. "There's people waiting for you in the lounge, come on." Dun tries to drag Jake away but he is frozen. Rock solid. He is handsome, yes, but why would people go to the boarding house to meet him? There is only one answer. His parents. fear surged through Jake's body like an electrical current, completely paralysing him. He can do nothing but think, his thoughts leading to endless posibilities. Jake tried to keep those thoughts aside but they presisited, rooting him there.

Dun is confused. "What? They seem super kind, come on."

Jake is lucky Dun isn't nearly half as strong as Fin.

Feeling slowly starts to return to Jake's limbs as he exhales. "Okay." Dun leads him down the corridor to the lounge, where he saw the backs of two heads. Long blonde locks and another with scruffy chestnut sticking out at all angles.

Mrs Knock runs up to Jake. "Oh, Jake you're here! Thank you Dun." She puts an arm on Jake's back and leads him to the sofa across the one which sat his parents. "I'm sorry to keep you waiting, but your son is here!"

map of lounge

Jake sits and stares at his Air max 95s

Jake sits and stares at his Air max 95s. He doesn't like his parents. He though boarding school would mean a fresh start.

His mummy claps her hands. "Oh Jake! My little ray of sunshine! My only sunshine!" Jake looks up to see the most artificial smile ever. He looks back down.

Now is his daddy's turn to speak. "Oh my boy, you make me happy when skies are grey."

What? His parents are well respected people, they can't be on drugs. Jake looks up, giving them a hard stare. "Get to the point."

His mother's face instantly sours. "You don't want that motherly love? Ungrateful rascal. How did you lose the-"

Jake tunes out her voice, because right at that moment Leo walks out the corridor to the dorms in a compression shirt and grey joggers. Oh ever so tight. Jake can't avert his eyes. His mind won't stop, those naughty thoughts filling his head like a dam that just broke, his eyes straying down there just too long- 

"Hello? You brat. I. Am. Speaking. You needy, pathetic burdern-" Jake's daddy places a hand on her shoulder. "That is quite enough my dear. Why don't we go out for dinner later? I'll book the whole diner, then we can chat."

Jake is not processing anything. He just can't stop staring at Leo, after being so deprived of him and-

"Fine. But you, you piece of trash, go wear something nice. I do not want to be seen with a slob. What are you even wearing? You uncultured being." Jake will have to agree with his mummy on that. He's wearing a neon lighting hoodie, Snoopy pj bottoms and air max 95s. Not to mention that he hasn't showered in days.

But dinner? Oh boy. He'll need to ask the girls for concealer tmorrow to cover up his bruises.

He is strong and brave, yes, but his parents might hit worse than Asian parents.

Well, YOLO I guess.

~~

notes:

'you are my sunshine'- by christina perri

Leo's outfit is inspired by toji fushiguro