Chapter 9

"I do love you too. " Did I say that out loud? His eyes glow, I know this look. "Why do you look at me like that? What is that look? " I question. "Like what? " Like... Like, I don't know. "I don't know, almost like I'm the only girl in the world. " He glares at me even deeper. He hesitates. "You're the only girl I see. " I stop breathing. His smiling eyes, his dark brown eyes... What do I say to that? How do I react? I just feel like crying. I can feel the tears filling up my eyes, I can't stop it. Cold, salty tears drop on the bed sheets. A silent cry. Not a cry for help, a cry for comfort. Are those the words I've been waiting to hear? Is that the voice I've been wanting to comfort? Are those the eyes I'd been looking for? He wipes tears off my face, gripping me and holding me in his arms. "Sorry."  "I never thought a man who could plow me so hard could be so vulnerable. " I joke. My tear absorbs into his thumb as he smears it off my face. I sigh. "How come every time we put on a movie something emotional happens? "... " I don't know, maybe it's the silence that makes us think? " Ugh. I hate smart boys. "I guess. " I lay back down on his chest, enjoying my intoxication, with him.

The door cracks, "HOLY SHIT WHO'S THAT?! " I shout, thinking it's Ally, or his parents. "Hey, it's just my cat." I sigh. "Oh my god, that scared the fuck outta me. " He looks at me with a little grin. His cat hops up on the bed, "Hey baby, you want some weed? " He jokes. He looks at me, I'm confused. "You talking to me or the cat? " "You." I shrug, "Yeah, I'll smoke some more. " "Yay! " He jumps off the bed, excited. Skipping over to the drawer with the shoebox, he sings, "Maryyy janeeee-" And he trips over air. I laugh. "Hey, don't be a hater. " He turns on his speaker. It auto-plays whatever song he had on last. Rolling up, "You know, I don't know much about you now that I think about it. Other than your failing Spanish. " I roll my eyes. "Hey, I'm not failing, I have a D. " "Mhm." He struts back to the bed. "Wanna know a secret? " I nod. "I'm a stoner, but the smell of weed make me nauseous. So I keep my window open, and a candle lit. " I raise an eyebrow at the candle on the TV stand. "Well, that's not strange at all. At least you don't use the candles that smell like axe deodorant. It always smells so nice in here. " He shrugs. "Well, that smell also makes me nauseous. " "Weak stomach? " He nods, lighting the joint. "I have a feeling you just started smoking, maybe a few months ago? " He shrugs. " I just know it wasn't this year. I'm not the smartest. " "That's a lie. " Passing the joint, "What's your favorite color? " I point at the color red, not being able to talk. "Hey, you didn't cou-" I start dying. After my cough attack, "God.. Why does this happen every time. " He tilts his head. The joint is just a roach now. He puts it out after a few hits and passes. "Why do you always keep the roaches? " "In case I run out, which is like never. " "So what's up with you? " he asks. "What do you mean? " "Tell me about you. "