Part 18 Misleading

"It's no wonder the children turned out so twisted. When they encounter so many twisted things at a young age, how can their hearts not be distorted? That child could become one of the future dark overlords. I have to mend my relationship with him. I don't need him to treat me well, I just need to ensure that I'm not on the list when he seeks revenge on those women who hurt him."

"I understand, Auntie Zhang. I'll take good care of them, don't worry,"Sinian promised, and Auntie Zhang naturally had nothing more to say. She picked up Stone and bid farewell before leaving.

On the other side, Aunt Liu, who was leisurely sunbathing at home, heard the sound and opened one eye to take a look. Since she started working at the Zhou family's house, she could earn fifty yuan a month. Of course, this money included the cost of buying groceries. She didn't often buy groceries herself; she just took a little from home to get by, saving around ten yuan a month for herself. With this job, the in-laws didn't dare to scold her anymore, and she had a very easy time every day, only needing to cook two meals.

Of course, she couldn't letSinian stay. IfSinian stayed, she wouldn't be able to keep her job. Where else could she find such a good job? Thinking thatSinian probably didn't know about delivering food to Zhou Yueshen, Zhou Yueshen would definitely come to her later. Then she could use the opportunity to ask for a raise.

Anyway, the Zhou family lacks everything except money. Seeing her daughter return, Aunt Liu immediately sat up straight. "Guifang, how was it? Did you get along with Xiao Zhou?"

Liu Guifang was already feeling humiliated and frustrated. Hearing this question, tears streamed down her face as she complained loudly, "Get along? What getting along? That girl from the Lin family also went to deliver food there. Brother Zhou didn't even accept my food. I've lost all face! How can I face people in the future?"

Thinking about the disdainful looks from the women in the village when she returned, Liu Guifang's face flushed red. Everyone must think that she knew Zhou Yueshen was already married but still went to deliver food, probably cursing her behind her back for being shameless!

Aunt Liu was stunned by this revelation. "What? Who went?"

"Who else? That girl from the Lin family who was promised to Zhou Yueshen! Mom, didn't you say she can't cook? How is it that not only can she cook, but she also took the initiative to deliver food to Brother Zhou!"

Aunt Liu's head buzzed. That woman from the city not only knew how to cook but also went to deliver food to Zhou Yueshen. This was bad. If the other woman knew how to cook, wouldn't she lose her job? Without her job at the Zhou family's house, she would have to go back home and serve her large family. By then, her mother-in-law, who already didn't like her, might have even more to say about her.

Liu Dasheng regretted not going over today. If she had, she might have discovered it earlier and wouldn't have ended up in such an awkward situation.

Blaming that woman named Sinian for provoking her.

Liu Dasheng thought angrily, no, she couldn't afford to lose this job, nor could she let that damned woman benefit. With her eyes darting around, Liu Dasheng suddenly had an idea.

She couldn't deal with that woman herself, but she could handle it through Xiaolao Dasheng and Xiaolao Er. As long as the two children didn't like Sinian, and they ostracized her, Sinian would definitely be driven away, just like that woman back then!

Early in the morning, Liu Dasheng was squatting on the way home of Zhou Yue Dong and Zhou Yue Han. By the afternoon, she saw the two children coming back with their schoolbags. Seeing the two children, Liu Dasheng's eyes lit up, and she hurriedly ran over with a worried expression.

"Oh no, Xiaolao Dasheng, Xiaolao Er, you're finally back," Liu Dasheng said anxiously, her face full of concern.

Zhou Yuedong and Zhou Yuehan were puzzled for a moment and furrowed their brows. "What's wrong, Auntie Liu?"

"You guys went to school and didn't know? Your dad's new wife, that stepmother he brought in, she's been abusing your little sister. Today when I went over, I saw her hitting and pinching the child. Yao Yao was crying her heart out, but when I scolded her, she said I was meddling and threatened to kick me out!" Liu Dasheng wailed.

"What!?" The two were shocked, looking at Liu Dasheng, about to rush back.

Liu Dasheng quickly grabbed them, her face showing concern. "Don't act impulsively. That woman knows how to put on an act. Now if you go back, she'll definitely pretend to treat Yao Yao well. Yao Yao doesn't understand anything; she'll just calm down after being placated. It won't work if you confront her like this. She might even complain to your dad, and then he'll start to dislike you."

"You two aren't even her biological sons. That woman looks like a fox spirit, and she's cunning. She'll definitely try to drive you away just like the previous one did. If you go back to cause trouble for her now, you'll be playing right into her hands!" Zhou Yuedong and Zhou Yuehan shivered, their faces turning pale.

"What should we do then?" Liu Dasheng's eyes darted around as she spoke.

"Xiaolao Dasheng, Grandma, even though I occasionally scold you guys, have I ever hit you?" Zhou Yuedong hung his head, his eyes unreadable. At Liu Dasheng's question, he nodded. "No."

"And I won't pose any threat to you three siblings, but that woman is different. She's not only targeting you guys but also trying to drive me away. When no one's watching, your days will be tough. You should understand that," Liu Dasheng continued. "Actually, this matter isn't difficult. As long as you two brothers listen to me, I'll definitely help you drive her away..."

...

In the afternoon, Sinen brought Yao Yao for a nap, and the child slept soundly. Yao Yao was particularly well-behaved; when she woke up, she didn't cry. Sinen turned on the TV, and Yao Yao obediently sat on the couch to watch. Worried she might get hungry, Sinen would give her some cookies and candies to eat, and the child would unwrap them and eat by herself.

At this time, the two elder brothers should be returning. Sinen went into the kitchen to start cooking. There were plenty of vegetables bought yesterday, but she had woken up a bit late, so she decided to make hand-pulled noodles with the flour she bought. This type of handmade noodles was delicious, chewy, and smooth. Since they had pork fat at home, making noodles with pork fat and scallions would be especially tasty in this weather, and it would also save time.

As she repeatedly rolled the dough to make the noodles as thin as possible, she suddenly sensed a small figure standing behind her. Sinen's scalp tingled. Zhou Yuedong? When did he come back? Did this child walk without making any noise? Regardless, being stared at like this, even by a child, made Sinen feel a bit terrified. The subsequent description of the elder brother's behavior in the novel seemed somewhat bizarre and abnormal, making it impossible for her to regard this child with the gaze one would give to a normal person.