Part 67 If you don't believe me, take off your pants and show me

Zhou Yue stared at her delicate brows furrowed in concern, her beautiful eyes scanning his body with worry. She bent down to carefully feel his chest, her eyes so urgent...

The proximity allowed him to feel the warmth of her breath against his skin. She still held onto his injured hand. The office was silent, and even the sharp scent of blood was replaced by her fragrance.

She seemed completely unaware of how ambiguous their position was. Zhou Yue's usually steady heartbeat suddenly raced. His breath deepened slightly, his gaze darkening. When her hand moved downward, he finally reacted.

"Ah!" Sinian let out a yelp as Zhou Yue suddenly grabbed her delicate wrist and pulled her forward. She stumbled and ended up straddling his firm thighs, her face pressed against his warm chest, almost burning her...

A strong hand wrapped around her slender waist, firmly pressing her against his chest. Sinian's chest was tightly against him, her breath filled with his scent, almost suffocating her.

Realizing the situation, her face instantly turned a deep shade of red.

Zhou Yue held her down, his fingers sliding over her soft waist, but not advancing further. His breath was hot against her ear, his voice low and husky, "Stop touching, I'm fine."

But if she continued to touch him, he couldn't guarantee he'd remain 'fine.'

Sinian's face was astonishingly red, her clear almond eyes like autumn water, gentle and charming. Just as Zhou Yue looked at her in confusion, she spoke up, "Don't believe you. Take off your pants and let me see."

Zhou Yue: "?"

The carefully built tension instantly dissipated into thin air.

He let go of the woman in his arms, allowing Sini to finally breathe air that wasn't filled with just his scent. There were tiny bloodstains on her white t-shirt.

However, hearing such words from a girl as beautiful and pure as her left Zhou Yueshen, a thirty-year-old man, momentarily at a loss for words.

After a while, Zhou Yueshen let out a soft sigh. His voice resonated deep within his chest, slightly trembling and transmitting through his firm muscles to Sini's hands that were still resting on him, causing a tingling sensation.

His voice deepened, "It's not my blood."

Sini looked up in surprise, almost bumping into his chin.

"All of it is from Li Mingjun?"

Could something really have happened? With so much blood, even if not fatal, it could cause serious injury!

Zhou Yueshen seemed pleased by her astonished expression and chuckled softly, "It's pig's blood."

When he had arrived earlier, they were in the middle of slaughtering a pig, and Li Mingjun had been behind him, collecting the pig's blood, while badmouthing Sini at the same time. Zhou Yueshen had kicked him, causing the blood to spill over him. No matter how impulsive he might be, he wouldn't actually harm someone.

Seeing the truck outside when he was bringing the two kids home, Zhou Yueshen knew it was Li Mingjun's arrival that prompted him to come in. He hadn't expected to hear such unpleasant words. He knew Sini well.

She would lower her dignity to seduce him? Li Mingjun really overestimates himself. Doesn't he know better? He deserves to be beaten!

Sini was dumbfounded. Pig's blood?

So, she had misunderstood everything earlier?

She had thought he had been so impulsive because of her!

Turns out, she had been overthinking everything!

Recalling her worried and anxious expression earlier, Sini's face flushed red.

"Why didn't you say so earlier?!" She angrily slapped him.

Zhou Yueshen grunted, his face momentarily pale. Sini was startled, looking at him with concern. "Are you really okay?"

Had she used too much force?

Zhou Yueshen took a deep breath. Seeing her alarmed expression, he reached out and patted her shoulder reassuringly, "I'm fine, it's an old injury."

Sini immediately looked at the sharp scar on his chest. She didn't know how long it had been there, but it was right over his heart, clearly from a gunshot wound. It must have been very serious back then!

She had just slapped right on such a fragile spot!

Sini frowned deeply and gently touched his chest, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

"It's okay," he nodded slightly.

Feeling awkward, Sini changed the subject, "What about Li Mingjun?"

At the mention of this name, Zhou Yueshen couldn't help but furrow his brows.

"He won't die."

Sini rarely saw him show such a disgusted expression and looked slightly surprised, "If it's blown up, what about your goods here?"

"I heard your eldest brother is outside helping someone transport goods," Zhou Yueshen replied.

Sini was taken aback. She hadn't known about this and only now remembered something crucial.

Although the Lin family was poor, they wouldn't be poor forever.

Her eldest brother worked as a transporter outside. The head saw that he was honest and kind-hearted, so he wanted to help him out.

Later on, he learned to drive and transport goods. The turning point came during an accident while delivering goods with his boss. He risked his life to save the boss.

The boss adopted him as his son, and from then on, things went smoothly. The Lin family gradually started living a better life.

Her brother was away learning during this time. The novel didn't go into details, so Sini didn't know that the money was stolen. She had thought it was due to corruption within the Lin family.

Now, it seemed her brother had taken up the transporter job because of the stolen money, leading to this opportunity.

But it would be years before the incident where he saved someone occurred.

Although her brother saved a life, he almost lost a leg and became semi-disabled.

Things would be different if he worked with Zhou Yueshen. After all, the later Zhou family was incredibly wealthy.

Of course, by that time, the original owner of her body had already passed away.

"Is that so? I'm not too sure. Maybe we should ask my parents," Sini said, lost in thought about the plot. Her expression was somewhat absent-minded, and she had forgotten to retract her hand from his chest.

Unable to tolerate her soft, warm hand moving around on him, Zhou Yueshen grabbed her hand. Seeing her absent-minded look, he realized that this girl was genuinely innocent and kind-hearted. She deserved a better life, but he had ruined it.

Before this, Zhou Yueshen had been waiting for her to regret it. Waiting for the day she would show unwillingness and regret. That way, he could let her go at any time.

He didn't want anyone to marry him out of compulsion or any other reason. That included Sini.

So he had always kept his distance, not wanting her to get hurt.

But now, he regretted it.

He didn't want to let this woman go.

In the future, she was his, and only his.

His deep, dark eyes moved slightly as he spoke, "Sini, let's register our marriage."