29. Kiss

Please vote and comment. Thank you

** 😊

It only takes one nod for Xander to move all of my belongings to his room. I go to the new area where Xander moved humans in the slum area, and when I go back to his house, my room is empty—like I never slept there.

And the first thing he did every time when he got home for the last four weeks was kiss me, inhaling my scent into his lungs greedily until my head spun because of the lack of oxygen. His hand held me still by my neck, and his lips continued assaulting mine after giving me a moment to breathe. My face flushed, and my chest heavy with lust.

Xander's swollen lips were the first thing I noticed when I opened my eyes, then I found his eyes looking at me. "I don't know if Zorion also kisses on the lips," I said in between breaths. I keep wanting to ask this, but everytime we close he makes me forget the question and is busy kissing him back.

"We didn't. But it's a human way of greeting."

"So you go around and kiss humans on their lips for greetings?"

"I'll strangle anyone trying to kiss me as a form of greetings."

I giggled when he said that. "So, I just need to accept the kiss you initiated? I can't kiss you for greetings?"

"Anyone but you. You can kiss me as you please."

Is this why people are desperately looking for a relationship? The blooming warmth from just one kiss and the cloud under your feet when he said something sweet is kind of addicting. But I can't stop myself from laughing when he said it with a straight face, like he means all business.

"Sweet talk isn't running in your blood, is it?"

"I only speak the truth."

I kissed him once and held his face before he could devour me again. I need his lips to stay away from mine so I can talk with him. "I went to the new place you arranged for the humans in the slum area today. Thank you for doing that."

The area is way better than the old building that could fall any second. It's old housing but the building was still good and feasible to use.

"How do you get permission to use that area?" It's one of the places that was guarded by the government because they are planning a development for the rich area, so I'm kind of curious how he is able to use that.

"I'm owning this area; I don't need human permission to do anything." He said arrogantly and I can't even blame him for that.

I patted this alien general on his chest. "Sure you are. But seriously, the government won't let that area slide from their hand easily, right? What are they planning to use that area for?"

"Some sort of shopping area. The kind they have before we invade earth. I have no idea what they mean."

"Me neither."I sort of know the answer must be benefiting the rich people, but hearing they will build a shopping area instead of school—where kids need it the most—baffled me. The disparity between the rich and the poor are too vast. They let the poor one struggling to find not only food, but also shelter above their head. Let alone education.

"I can almost hear the gear in your head running. What are you planning in that pretty little head of yours?" He knocked on my head softly. A small smile tugged on his lips.

"Nothing. What can a mere demi-human like me do?"

Xander eats up the little space between us. Our chest meets and my stomach can feel something hard. "You married me. The world is your oyster. You can do whatever you desire."

That's nice to hear, but I feel like cold water has just been thrown on my head. The word marriage is equal to divorce to my ears. A reminder of whatever that we have or what I feel right now has an expiration date. I need to catch up to reality before my imagination consumes me alive. "Better not get used to that," I say, taking one step away from Xander. "Let's eat. I'm hungry."