The game

Monday, January 8th
5:00 pm
Zuri's POV

I'm glad me and Dee got back on good terms. I'm still not over the fact he put his hands on me and I didn't drop a charge on his ass...I should've.. but I didn't.

........

I got off of work early and decided to clean up around the house. Depression is not a good look on me or my house.

I ran some hot water and put it in my mop bucket after I swept and began to mop the floors with some jazz music in the background.

As I was mopping I saw something silver under the coffee table.

"What is this..?" I asked myself and crouched down to pick it up.

It was the promise ring Alonzo gave me back in highschool.. I kept it all the way in college and until he started to see other women. By the way he was talking to 'em I must've been a "side piece"

I went to throw it away but I stopped to think.

Jaylin told me to throw this "stupid trash" away a long time ago when he stated cheating, but I kept it and he just kept cheating..the more he cheated the more my heart shrank.
He would come home smelling like cheap perfume with lip gloss all over his face. Sloppy drunk. Smelling and looking like the man whore he is today.

I was filled with rage that day. I threw all of his clothes out in the front yard and I was on the brink of burning them but that would've been too violent even though he broke my heart.

(KARMA'S A BITCH. I SHOULDA KNOWN BETTA - Jojo siwa)

I threw the ring away in annoyance and continued to clean up.

......

After I finished cleaning, I sat down. Tired from all of the work I had done.

My house was spotless, floor so clean you could eat off of it- (okay now that was dramatic)

I got a call from Alonzo..?

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey..Zuri, I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

"Tuh. Alonzo, please get off my phone" I said about to hang up.

"No, no..Zuri please I'm a changed man.  DeShawn ain't no good man to you, he hurt you physically. I'm better now"

Whole time this nigga was tryna get in my head again.

"No Alonzo I'm not going through this again. I don't want you anymore..You're  a whore. And that's all you do. You whore around when you get tired of me and I'm sick of it. I can't be dealing with somebody that don't got they life together. You're nothing but a junkie, man whore bum. And I don't date those"

I could hear him sniffling on the other side.

I honestly don't feel bad about him crying either because at the end of the day when he came home, he would call me every word in the book and try to kiss up on me after the fact..no nigga, I'm done.

"But..Baby you said you loved me, and I love you more than any nigga could ever.."

Here he go..his lil rant on how me love me so much.

"Alonzo. Fuck off my phone." I said and proceeded to hang up.

I then got a message from him.

*Clown ass Nigga 🤡*
Fuck you, you nasty slut 🖕🏾

See? It was all fake.

"Tuh. Blocked"
I blocked his contact and all of his social media accounts. I needed to do something in order to get away from him before he get his goons on me.