chapter ten ; tehe

"kept bending all the rules 'til all of me was yours, and pushing things aside but nothing ever worked." tehe; gracie abrams

evelyn

I pretty much ran to my seat on the plane after my interaction with Malachi. Time and time again, I succeeded in making things awkward between us. If I just stayed quiet, avoided conflict with him, didn't provoke him, everything would be fine. But time and time again, I was pulled back to him.

It was a never ending cycle of hook, line and sinker.

Sway and I got onto the plane before everyone, sitting in our suit in first class away from everyone else. Now that I was away from Malachi, I felt like I could finally breathe.

"He's in love with you, you know." Sway randomly said as she reclined her seat. She gazed at me assessingly, waiting to see my reaction.

"Who?" I asked, knowing exactly who she was talking about. It was absurd, because I knew that the boy hated me. I hated him.

"Malachi, obviously. He only acts like that because he's head over heels for you." Sway grinned cheekily, making me roll my eyes.

"No. That's the last time I can hear that sentence before I go insane. He doesn't like me. I don't like him. End of story." I dismissed her, leaning back in my own chair. The girl giggled at me, dropping the subject.

Unfortunately, the topic plagued my mind. I didn't know how I felt for Malachi. All I knew was that my emotions made me furious - borderline insane - whenever I thought about him. He infuriated me; the way he spoke, the way he acted, the way he looked. He looked good, all the time, which is what pissed me off so much.

No one with an attitude that annoying should look that fucking hot all the time.

"Hey, looks like I'm sitting next to you." A raspy voice said from above me. I immediately recognised it, which made me severely mad.

"Switch with MK." I growled, not bothering to look up at the boy. Seeing his gorgeous face just made me think vile thoughts - why would a being so cruel be blessed with such a gift?

Malachi laughed at my words, reaching up to place his things in the overhead locker. "MK wants to sit next to Julian."

"Well, I want to sit next to Taylor Swift. But sometimes, we can't all get our way."

Without replying to my snide remark, the boy sat down in the empty seat beside me, the two of us closed off together in a suite. There was a mechanic divider between us and Sway and Chandlers suite, which I would be keeping down the entire time. As much as my subconscious mind wanted it, there was no way I was locking me and Malachi alone together in a small room for several hours.

Sway and I made a few tiktoks together as we were waiting for the flight to take off. We were being obnoxiously loud, attracting a lot of attention from fellow fliers and the other cast mates. Eventually, I noticed Malachi had fallen completely silent, distracted by something on his phone.

While Sway was occupied by Chandler, I crawled away from the divider to face the boy. He didn't noticed my movement, which was odd. Usually, he noticed everything that I did.

"What are you looking at?" I asked, my voice low. I tilted my head at him, waiting for him to look up.

"Nothing." Malachi mumbled, tapping away furiously on his phone. I furrowed my brow in confusion and annoyance. Why wasn't he telling me? Sure, it could have been hypocritical that I was pissed off, but the mind does weird things.