Chapter 15

New Hall

On the 19th July 2011 I left for New Hall after four years three months and two weeks on Rosewood. At one time twice as long as any other patient at that time. I knew this because the ward only opened a week or two before I arrived.

We engaged in various groups such as hearing voices and the mens group In one group we went through something called the recovery star. In the recovery group we discussed our rehabilitation and we occasionally were asked to each give a definition of a word. I was in a different league, I excelled in my word definition far surpassing anyone else. Maybe it's because I've read so much.

I was given a medication free holiday for a trial period. I was soon on a high and I did a lot of writing. This was also when I wrote poetry about Rachael, 49 poems in a week, I rested on the Sunday.

I wrote an auto-biography but did not publish it. Also I wrote a science fiction book, the aliens came to Earth, they saw but failed to conquer.

I ended up running down the corridor shouting I don't need meds, in my boxer shorts.

While I was there I had an affair with a young man I thought he was beautiful and he was very tall called Ryan. When it became clear to the staff I was Stopped from being alone in his company, at least that was the staffs intentions.

After a while I moved downstairs to the open ward. We all took turns in shopping and this was when we were assessed for independent living in flats.

One of my friends was a brilliant scrabble player, when one of us scored a seven letter word I would shout, "back of the net"! He did start to play me at chess but that didn't last long, he stopped as soon as he realised that I knew what I was doing.

He was one of the few lads who did rehab shopping with me on the unlocked ward. I spent the first five months on the downstairs locked ward, which was switched with the upstairs open ward. This was done for the purpose of patient relocation during refurbishment. The downstairs ward was where I met the very tall young man when I first came in that I came to know so well.

I came back down from the unlocked ward a couple of months after being upstairs. I discovered my ex-boyfriend was going out with someone else, Jason. This was not condoned by the staff when it came out in the open, but the other guy that my ex went out with, was very domineering. I came to terms with this and became a friend of them both again. I celebrated their romance with a take away for the ward, this wasn't the only time I bought food for everyone. I had kept our relationship quiet but not Jason.

At one time I enrolled on a G.C.S.E in maths it was too long since I did it last and I had lost the other qualification. I loved to show off, my remark once about an equation was, "Miss wouldn't it be simpler just to cross multiply, transpose, simplify and solve, if possible", "Yes it would be" she replied.

Jason My ex's boyfriend escaped by cutting out a window at night and taking shelter in a friends house. He was apprehended and brought back to another ward, the low secure ward.

As for the G.C.S.E, I got a 'B' in maths despite losing leave by aiding, abetting and assisting in my ex-boyfriends absconding by giving him a foot-lift. All we ever did was kiss but it was enough for me. I lost three months for that but it was not the only thing I lost leave for. I lost a month for fighting and two weeks for going absent without leave.

I read the daily telegraph and studied media. I wrote hundreds of letters to politicians. I also wrote to hundreds of doctors top newspapers, the broad sheets. I wrote to magazines and publishers with my science fiction book, without luck. I wrote to doctors and nurses, besides other things, I made prophecies, I was also telling the doctors and politicians across the world, that they should leave the worlds direst problems for me to deal with.

I had my section removed but only for 16 days, I went gallivanting all over the North West, the furthest I got was Manchester. I spent the day at the Trafford Centre. On the last day of being off section it was too late to come home, I spent the night staying over in a Premier Inn. The company of the the bar steward, was enjoyable, and the food was excellent.

I journeyed back home but on the way back I was inspired to go to London, however when I phoned the hospital to let them know what I was doing they told me to come back. I had no section so could have gone anyway but out of curtesy I returned. I was put back on my section that very day, sure I had spent most of my money but isn't that my choice?

It was when I came off section that I was moved down to the unlocked ward, earlier the two wards upstairs and downstairs had switched spending a lot of money on refurbishment.

I briefly took on an A-level in maths, which was very interesting but was not allowed to go into college for extra revision for something called the Moodle, when I was still on the locked ward.

On that ward a little earlier had gone out in one of the mini-buses to a hearing voices conference, when I had first come in. I didn't find the experience very productive.

Some of the doctors were disgusting, they are little more than criminals, they made up stories about me. Apparently I think everyone wants to go to bed with me. Really that is news to me, I met people who were scared to open their mouth. I will end the nurses and doctors reign of terror. As anyone who sees their notes will tell you it's not just some of the nurses but some of the doctors too.

Upon leaving the hospital on the 18th of January 2016 I received fifteen thousand pounds, inheritance of my grandfather, I had higher respect for no man.